Accelerated EMT-B course in Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

readyornot1998

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. So I am looking to find an accelerated EMT-B course in Maryland. The best I have found are 2 week to 18 day boot camp and accelerated coursed in CT, Ca, MA, NC and so on. I cant find anything for Maryland. Has anyone found accelerated EMT-B courses in Maryland? I've seen some other forums mention them but not in Maryland. Any help appreciated! 🙂
 
I don’t know of any programs in Maryland that are that accelerated. And unless you’re only doing it for the certification to pad your med school apps I wouldn’t recommend it. 18 days is not enough time to mold you into a clinician with any kind of competence.
 
I run ALS here in MD. We don't have any I am aware of; I know a local CC does a 3 month 4 credit NREMT class.

If you're just checking an application box, your time is better spent on research or volunteering. A few of my interviewers vetted if I actually ran and had commented on how a lot of people use volunteer EMS at low-volume systems to gain "clinical" experience.