bow4thecow
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I've just started my final year of vet school. I haven't taken the NAVLE yet, but am aiming for April with October as my backup plan. I finish my 4th year my first week of December, but don't get my degree until mid January (I have to apply for a conferral since the standard graduation day isn't until May 2026 - 5 months after we've finished Vet school
).
My question is when do we start to apply/look for jobs? Can I apply even before completing my NAVLE? Is there such thing as a provisional license we can use until I get my conferral approved to start working before my degree is physically handed to me? What happens if I apply to a job under the assumption that I'd pass the NAVLE and then fail it?
I've just started my final year of vet school. I haven't taken the NAVLE yet, but am aiming for April with October as my backup plan. I finish my 4th year my first week of December, but don't get my degree until mid January (I have to apply for a conferral since the standard graduation day isn't until May 2026 - 5 months after we've finished Vet school
).My question is when do we start to apply/look for jobs? Can I apply even before completing my NAVLE? Is there such thing as a provisional license we can use until I get my conferral approved to start working before my degree is physically handed to me? What happens if I apply to a job under the assumption that I'd pass the NAVLE and then fail it?
Last edited: