acceptance at interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QSTYLE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was curious at intervies, do you find out if you are rejected or accepted on the spot?

Members don't see this ad.

At my interview in NYU, I saw my interviewer made a check next to "Accepted". He was really old and had reading glasses on when he was doing the paper work in front of me. He didn't realize that I could see what he was writing. Afterwards, he told me "very well done job!". I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but i suppose that's a good sign.

mary

It very much depends on the interviewer. if they really like you, they can tell you that you have been accepted (right there at the end of the interview) but wont give you a piece of paper.

and if they dont like you, you can probbaly tell... or they even tell you that you have very little or no chance.

Comet

Members don't see this ad :)
Mary, NYU does give acceptance on the spot. If u guys read old post from Yah-E interview, it's truth. You guys probably have the same interviewer.

Congrats on your first acceptance then. However, I guess that the fun will start later when all of those acceptance letters showering you in Dec?

Is this a normal thing to happen? b/c I had an interview at Columbia and he said I did good but didn't say anything about being accepted or something like that....Now I'm worried...

Yah-E's interview was also in March. (After Dec 1)

i was told at uconn that noone will no if you are accepted until mid nov except for the resident applicants.
they only tell red applicants if they are accepted. i think that you can only tell if your chances are high or not just by thinking back about how your interview went.

man my uconn interview was a little though, but surprisingly i wasn't nervous. i felt petty good and answered everthing they asked me.

Originally posted by PERFECT3434
man my uconn interview was a little though, but surprisingly i wasn't nervous. i felt petty good and answered everthing they asked me.

i'm sure knowing that you already got in somewhere'll give you a real confidence boost. All interviews after your indiana one should be cake.

at one of my interviews, the guy said flat out that I would be accepted, AND that I would be accepted at this other school I applied to, even though he has no affiliations with that school. Then he proceeded to ask me which one I will choose.........

but in regard to the other posts, no I don't think it is usual to get accepted at your interview, especially before dec. 1

Can I ask you which schools you refer to?

Thanks and congratulations!

I wasn't told outright when I interviewed at IUSD, but when I made sure to mention my fallback plan in pharm sales if I got rejected from IUSD, the panel faculty member winked at me and told me not to worry too much about that. I interviewed in February, though, so by then the school probably had a pretty solid picture of whether they had a spot for me or not.

When I had my UOP interview last year in November, they told all of us that we have a 99% of being accepted (the only way we wouldn't is if one of us did something really stupid on our interview).

UOP is one of those schools where an interview equates fairly directly to an acceptance. I think 3/4 are accepted. Somebody who goes there could probably give a more specific (correct?) stat.

And, Arizona will let you know on the spot if you've been accepted, but that only happens after Dec 1.