Acceptance Notification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YoonS

Miniature Schnauzer
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is outdated or valid, but just found from some website.

Seems like November is not passing as fast as October did.

Correct me if it seems wrong.

Alabama: Phone Call
ASDOH: Phone Call
Baylor: E-mail Nov. 30
Boston: E-mail on dec 1st
Buffalo: Check AADSAS portal 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time
Case: Check AADSAS portal 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time. Sends out letter on Dec 1, expect it later
Columbia: Mail out letter @ the earliest dec. 1st
Colorado: Mid-day phone call x2
Creighton: Call you personally on dec 1. E-mail sent on Nov 30
Detroit-Mercy: 12/1, early morning phone call. If you don't answer, she will leave a voicemail asking you to call her, and when you call back she gives you the good news. An email follows later that day, and a letter follows a few days later.
Harvard: Phone call anytime during the day on the 1st (or next business day)
Houston: Letter and e-mail
Howard: Letter and e-mail
Iowa: Update ISIS website at 12 am by the way.
Indiana: E-mail would be sent out on the 1st of December at 12:01am. Call them up after a few days if you get no response
Kentucky:email followed by letter in the mail
Lecom: Letter
Loma Linda:
Louisville: E-mail at 12:01 "ish"
Marquette: Call. Letter sent out Dec 1
Midwestern (AZ,IL): Updated status on applicant portal, Phone Call
Meharry: Call on Dec 1st.
Maryland: Receive email around 8-9 AM
MCG: Certified mail packet letter shortly after the 1st
Michigan: Phone Call Dec 1 or Wolverine website
Minnesota: By Letter Dec. 1, 2, or 3
MUSC:
Nebraska: E-mail at 12:01, then official letter... Registered Mail
Nova: Call
NYU: official letter in mail - mailed on Dec1, Phone Call
OHSU: Subliminal messages
Ohio State: Letter sent out DEC 5th
San Antonio: Letter
Stony Brook: Phone call on Dec 1st
SIU:
Temple: Letter timed to be received on Dec 1st and you can call them Dec. 1
Tennessee:
Tufts: Snail mail on the 2nd
UConn: AADSAS updated on the 2nd , then snail mail
UCSF: Phone call (will leave msg if not home)
UCLA: Phone call
UF: Early morning phone call
UIC:
UMDNJ: Snail mail around dec 1, could be before could be after (if i remember correctly)
UMKC: Early morning phone call on Dec. 1st
UNC: Phone call/mail between Nov.30-Dec.1st and Feb 1st till class filled
UNLV:Call them on the 30th, or wait for a letter a few days later.
UOklahoma: Letters mailed on Dec 1... Out of state applicants notified, then the process starts for in-state applicants
Pacific: Phone call
Penn: I think the dean scholars get the letter on Dec. 1st, others get letter Dec. 2nd
Pittsburgh: Check AADSAS portal 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time
USC: E-mail on 30th or 1st followed by a letter, and school portal
UW: Phone call and a letter
VCU: Snail mail mailed on Dec 1
WVU:
Western: Phone call Dec 1

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can also add to Midwestern-AZ "Updated status on applicant portal." That's how a lot of us found out two years ago, anyway.

You can also add to Midwestern-AZ "Updated status on applicant portal." That's how a lot of us found out two years ago, anyway.

Corrected. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nova said they would call early morning of Dec 1st

Marquette said they would call throughout the day

I believe UMDNJ updates their AADSAS on december 1st around 9 AM...thats what happened to my friend last year.

Can anyone also confirm the "blank" situation? that is if your status turns blank on november 30 or something that means your most likely accepted?

Thanks and good luck to all of us :xf:

From reading the past cycle, MWU-AZ also does a phone call in addition to a portal update :)

Thanks for taking the time to post this! Super helpful :thumbup:

Damn most of my schools notify by mail according to that list. I won't be at my mailing address dec 1 =/

Members don't see this ad :)
Iowa said they update AADSAS first at 12:01 am. They also will have it up on the their school portal. Then come the letters.

Can anyone confirm that you can call on the 30th for Indiana??

Please change the Indiana one. I was told, by the dean of admissions, that an email would be sent out on the 1st of December at 12:01am. He also said to call them up after a few days if you get no response.

"OHSU: Subliminal messages" :smuggrin:

Seriously?!.....or am I thinking of it in a wrong context?!

what about LSU?

Singing telegram. It goes something like this:

This is LSU.
We want you.
Better accept,
Or we'll make you black and blue.

That's why they have a high matriculation rate.

Reactions: 1 user
WesternU says phone call on Dec1st

Ohio State: December 1st phone call if you are out of state. Dec 5th if you are in state

Schools only call for good news right? Rejection is in the form of e-mail/AADSAS?

For Pitt I believe you get phone calls on Dec 1st (in addition to see the AADSAS update).

Anyone know about UNLV? I think they said they call but I don't know if that's correct.

I thought Western said they would mail out acceptances? Unless they changed that recently...

Haven't really been keeping up with the forums, but when I went there for an interview in September, one of the admission's counselors said phone call on Dec1st (or after if you're not a top choice) and also <maybe> snail mail.

Haven't really been keeping up with the forums, but when I went there for an interview in September, one of the admission's counselors said phone call on Dec1st (or after if you're not a top choice) and also <maybe> snail mail.

I hope they do call! Otherwise I'll have to run home and check my mail everyday. I can't take it

Ohio State: December 1st phone call if you are out of state. Dec 5th if you are in state

This for the dates. In terms of the method their website also says:

How am I notified of acceptance?
• Offers of acceptance are sent via email and then followed with a letter sent in U.S. mail.
• A phone call to you is also attempted.

Meharry will give you a call on December 1st. Iowa will update their online portal December 1st at 12:01 AM.

Iowa said they would update ISIS website at 12 am by the way.

I was just curious. I thought all schools weren't allowed to notify of acceptances prior to Dec 1th....so where does Nov 30th come from?

I was just curious. I thought all schools weren't allowed to notify of acceptances prior to Dec 1th....so where does Nov 30th come from?

Maybe those schools send it out when it's Dec 1 in EST, so it's actually still Nov 30th for them? Like Baylor, if they sent it out at 11:01 pm their time, it would be 12:01 on the east coast and technically Dec 1? That'd be weird though lol

To admin: This thread must be stickied!!

Kudos to the OP and the others who contribute!

Agreed. They were very specific in that they would not call, only send snail mail.

Weird... did I go to the wrong school for the interview :confused:

During the Q&A, they said that people who are accepted on Dec1st will be called, and if they can not be reached, will be called again and emailed. As mentioned before, snail mail may follow as well.

LECOM also said they will most likely give a phone call on Dec. 1 in addition to a letter that will be mailed out on Dec. 1 :)

Louisville is actually email between 7-11 AM (EST). They sent an email a couple days ago to everyone regarding notifications.

Would like to update in regards to the information I gave earlier so people reading this post don't get confused (like I am)

A few people on this thread have said WesternU will be snail-mailing. I was told at the interview it was a phone call. I just looked at my Welcome Guide and it says "by mail"

Either they decided to change method of notification after the book was printed, one of the admission's counselor said the wrong thing at the interview date I attended, or I heard wrong. The point is, take with a grain of salt.

On a side note... schools that notify by snail mail... I take it they send out mail on Dec1 so people won't find out until a few days later at the earliest.

for those who interviewed at schools with midnight notifications..... are you planning on refreshing email/aadsas throughout the hour?
i'm thinking i might take a sleeping pill that night lol and try to stay passed out

for those who interviewed at schools with midnight notifications..... are you planning on refreshing email/aadsas throughout the hour?
i'm thinking i might take a sleeping pill that night lol and try to stay passed out

Have to wake up for work the next day... can't stay up refreshing even if I wanted to lol...

Might as well stay up until 12:05 and if nothing comes, go to sleeeep and hopefully I'll wake up to an early christmas present! :rolleyes:

Have to wake up for work the next day... can't stay up refreshing even if I wanted to lol...

Might as well stay up until 12:05 and if nothing comes, go to sleeeep and hopefully I'll wake up to an early christmas present! :rolleyes:

So I've heard from people from other years that AADSAS just kind of blows up/crashes b/c of the volume of applicants logging on to check their portal....I'm just going to sleep that night (if I can :)) and wake up the next morning to check it!

LECOM notifies by phone call and letter, don't know about an email. This is what their admissions said as of a few weeks ago.

Yup! I'm 100% sure they are doing a phone call AND a letter on Dec. 1! :) And I'm 99% sure they wont' be doing an email though