acceptance packet from NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is there an option in the packet to decline my acceptance if I chose to do so?

If you look at the NYU website, it says that once you have been accepted, you are bounded by their contract saying that you must accept their offer or pay a handsome fee of $3,000.

On a serious note, call/email the school and tell them you are withdrawing. Isn't that common sense?

Is there anyone who has not received the package yet? I haven't. I am wondering if I should call the admission's office.

Call..! I called and turned out i wrote my address wrong so they resent it for me

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone doing that summer research mentioned in the packet? Do you guys think it is worth it?

Did anyone get additional mail/email regarding background check after receiving the acceptance letter?

Did anyone get additional mail/email regarding background check after receiving the acceptance letter?

I just talked to NYUCD Admissions and they don't do a background check for their students. This is news to me, considering I originally received information from the company to fill out my information, and NYU was one of the schools listed that participates in the program supposedly. However, I guess I received the instructions initially due to acceptances from other institutions, which I have since declined. The reason NYUCD doesn't was stated as "it's a lot of money and time." Fine by me, that's money saved!