acceptance packet from NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wo5678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when we should be receiving them?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when we should be receiving them?

I think they mailed them out yesterday.

I live 40 minutes from NYU so I am :xf: that I recieve it today! I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

Last edited:
I think they mailed them out yesterday.

I like 40 minutes from NYU so I am :xf: that I recieve it today! I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

crossing our fingers.

Members don't see this ad :)
About 35 mins away as well. Waiting for it...:thumbup:

is the information regarding first deposit only available in the mailed package? I cannot find it online.

Got mine right now. Super high fast express mail lmfao. I'm in Canada btw.

u kidding lol I live in Jersey which is 50 mins away and didn't get it yet:(

I read from last year's thread, NYU sents it overnight to Canadian students. So we should get ours in 2 or 3 days.

In Toronto got mine this morning.

Well, I am Canadian (living in Mississauga), and I got it today via UPS.

Did anyone who received the packet today get any scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)

Dr. M said they would hand them out later and that a "21 AA is average" when they consider scholarships. I remember this distinctly because I have a 21 AA lol. So I am not expecting anything for myself...

I want an NYU scholarship really badly too! lol

I hope the packet comes in the mail tommorrow.

Haha! So true. Good luck tommorrow when the packet arrives :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

It could be tomorrow or it could be thursday, or even friday. You never know with snail mail, so unreliable.

I think the polite thing for the school to do is to have a tracking number with the acceptance packet. That would make our lives so much less stressful.

It could be tomorrow or it could be thursday, or even friday. You never know with snail mail, so unreliable.

I think the polite thing for the school to do is to have a tracking number with the acceptance packet. That would make our lives so much less stressful.

I would be very sad everyday running to get the mail just to be let down and LOL to the tracking number.

You should be a dean. All of the pre-dents would love your ideas. :thumbup:

do u know when we have to place our deposit in? Is it jan 3rd?? My packet is sent back home...and no one reads english there lol

do they notify you of scholarship offering in the packet or is it after you send in a deposit?

lol can't locate package...am i sol?

Sorry, the reference is NYU, not New York University. I was playing around with possibilities. I would make a good detective haha

Sorry, the reference is NYU, not New York University. I was playing around with possibilities. I would make a good detective haha

still nothing...is the zip code 5 digit or 9?

Edit: nvm...I entered the 9 digit one and it worked.

still nothing...is the zip code 5 digit or 9?

Edit: nvm...I entered the 9 digit one and it worked.

Not the best tracking I ever did. But, at least we know the packet exists lol

Lol you're not missing out on much (unless you get a scholarship). :p

Everyone is crossing on this fingers on this one, or else people wouldn't care about that acceptance packet so much. lol.

I live in Vancouver...still hasn't arrived...............I am so paranoid to the point I dreamed about getting a call from NYU saying "SORRY WRONG ACCEPTANCE EMAIL"......LOL..............................

this is what AADSAS and 6 month- long application period has done to meh!! =ㅁ=......

The wait is killing me. Every minute I am looking out the window praying to spot a UPS truck.

Wait. We get UPS? I thought it was regular mail. Like in the mail box mail.

The wait is killing me. Every minute I am looking out the window praying to spot a UPS truck.

Hmm, I believe the mail is from UPS but they transferred to the regular mail service?

Wait. We get UPS? I thought it was regular mail. Like in the mail box mail.

I don't think so. It is tracked through UPS, the same with my UConn one. I don't think UPS is synomous with postal mail. I could be wrong, but I think arrives through UPS.

I am probably wrong. I didn't get my mail today, and I live 20 minutes away from NYU in Queens too.

I don't think so. It is tracked through UPS, the same with my UConn one. I don't think UPS is synomous with postal mail. I could be wrong, but I think arrives through UPS.

if that's the case, then my usual UPS truck's arrival time is like 8pm...

The packet should come either today or tomorrow

I was checking class of 2014, 2015, 2016's threads. People in NYC get it the day after canadians get it. Could be today....

I just got it through the mail. I got a $20,000 scholarship. It is still more than state schools. Ugh I hate making decisions. lol

Last edited:
is that a year or 20k for 4 years?

20K per year and I would have to maintain a 3.3 gpa but the tuition is 60K without fees so it still pays to go to Stony Brook for $22,000 a year.

if you live in queens then essentially the cost of living is down to nothing (provided that your parents will let you live there for free, I know my parents won't haha sucks for me)

I need to crunch some numbers myself once I get this packet....