Acceptance Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monica__t_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I read somewhere that once you get notified of your acceptance you generally have 2 weeks to accept or decline... can anyone confirm this? (especially for NOVA)... if this were the case, all of your interviews would have to be scheduled within a shorter time frame of each other to be able to see all of the schools before you have to respond to one of the earlier ones you visited, but I see some people had their interviews scheduled with a lot more time in between

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing...anyone know?

I'm not sure with NOVA, but I just had my interview with SCO and they said SCO gives you 8 weeks to decide. Their words, "We cannot speak for other schools, but SCO gives you 8 weeks." Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve heard three weeks is the average.

Now, that doesn’t mean it’s set in stone which school you go to once you accept. You’ll just lose out on the $1,000 or whatever it takes to reserve your spot. If you get into a backup school first and then get an acceptance to your top choice, I think it would be worth it to lose that money. Just depends.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm not sure with NOVA, but I just had my interview with SCO and they said SCO gives you 8 weeks to decide. Their words, "We cannot speak for other schools, but SCO gives you 8 weeks." Hope that helps!

May I ask what your OAT score was? I submitted my optomcas on July 7th, verified July 12th and I applied to SCO. They said that my OAT score was low and that I should retake it. They said that they would look at my application later on. AA: 300, TS: 310. I did get interviews from UAB, NOVA, ICO, and Salus. But I was hoping to get an interview with SCO since it is my dream school.

May I ask what your OAT score was? I submitted my optomcas on July 7th, verified July 12th and I applied to SCO. They said that my OAT score was low and that I should retake it. They said that they would look at my application later on. AA: 300, TS: 310. I did get interviews from UAB, NOVA, ICO, and Salus. But I was hoping to get an interview with SCO since it is my dream school.
AA: 370 TS: 380. In my opinion, if they recommend retaking the OAT, you probably will have to do that in order for an interview. Congrats on your other interviews, though!

Reactions: 1 user
Nova was two weeks last cycle. It would make sense to get your interviews set up within a few weeks span but that's not always possible. I've heard of applicants asking for an extension from the school. The process of applying and interviewing is pretty hard on the wallet haha.

Nova was two weeks last cycle. It would make sense to get your interviews set up within a few weeks span but that's not always possible. I've heard of applicants asking for an extension from the school. The process of applying and interviewing is pretty hard on the wallet haha.

yeah forreal lol... nova is my top choice and first interview, but i definitely want to check out the other schools too. nova looks good to me on paper but it's possible that i could end up liking one of the others more once i actually see the schools

Majority of schools are 2-4weeks. So plan accordingly.
The deposit is usually $500 for each school.