All Branch Topic (ABT) Acceptance rate data for the HPSP for each branch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

unique_username

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any data regarding acceptance rates for the HPSP for each military branch? Which branch would you say is the least competitive? Most competitive? I've tried to look up this information online, but I haven't gotten any concrete numbers.
 
Does anyone have any data regarding acceptance rates for the HPSP for each military branch? Which branch would you say is the least competitive? Most competitive? I've tried to look up this information online, but I haven't gotten any concrete numbers.
Get an acceptance to medical school then apply to your service of choice. An acceptance to medical school is the limiting factor not the HPSP scholarship. Make sure you actually want to serve as a military officer because you likely won't have all the options for residency, location , or practice type/volume of choice as you would if you stay civilian.

Edit: If your interest is optometry school reach out to a Medical Recruiter to determine how many and what type (3yr vs 4yr) are available.
 
Last edited: