Army HPSP -- Timeline ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PsyDocNess

PsyD Student
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I had a few questions about Army HPSP, specifically what the timeline looks like for those who were awarded the scholarship. I was notified that I was awarded the scholarship back in February and took my oath/signed all of my paperwork/commissioned in March. I've reached out to my recruiter a few times and he has said that basically now I just wait until someone from the HPSP department reaches out to me and assigns me an HPSP advisor, which is fine except my school (who has dealt with HPSP recipients for different branches) is asking for information about my advisor. For context I was awarded HPSP for Clinical Psych (Psy.D), not sure if that helps with context.

I guess my questions are:
1. For those who accepted Army HPSP, when were you sent an official "welcome email" with your advisor's information?
2. Is there someone I should reach out to in regard to not receiving the welcome email? I know some people had said that it could take as long as 1-3 months to receive any sort of notification from the HPSP, feeling a lil antsy since some of my other peers in the HPSP program (granted, other branches) have gotten contact from their advisors.

Thank you for your help 🙂
 
Hi all,

I had a few questions about Army HPSP, specifically what the timeline looks like for those who were awarded the scholarship. I was notified that I was awarded the scholarship back in February and took my oath/signed all of my paperwork/commissioned in March. I've reached out to my recruiter a few times and he has said that basically now I just wait until someone from the HPSP department reaches out to me and assigns me an HPSP advisor, which is fine except my school (who has dealt with HPSP recipients for different branches) is asking for information about my advisor. For context I was awarded HPSP for Clinical Psych (Psy.D), not sure if that helps with context.

I guess my questions are:
1. For those who accepted Army HPSP, when were you sent an official "welcome email" with your advisor's information?
2. Is there someone I should reach out to in regard to not receiving the welcome email? I know some people had said that it could take as long as 1-3 months to receive any sort of notification from the HPSP, feeling a lil antsy since some of my other peers in the HPSP program (granted, other branches, geometry dash) have gotten contact from their advisors.

Thank you for your help 🙂
Participants often report a delay between taking the oath of office and receiving a formal welcome email. While some individuals in related programs like the Navy have received a welcome email within one month of submitting final paperwork, Army timelines can be longer. In some cases, participants do not recall receiving one specific "welcome email" but instead begin receiving regular updates and meeting invitations once they are in the system. For those awarded in February 2026 and commissioned in March 2026, the current date of June 18, 2026, falls within the expected three-month window for initial contact.
 
Participants often report a delay between taking the oath of office and receiving a formal welcome email. While some individuals in related programs like the Navy have received a welcome email within one month of submitting final paperwork, Army timelines can be longer. In some cases, participants do not recall receiving one specific "welcome email" but instead begin receiving regular updates and meeting invitations once they are in the system. For those awarded in February 2026 and commissioned in March 2026, the current date of June 18, 2026, falls within the expected three-month window for initial contact.
Thank you! Still waiting lol.