acceptance rates after interview for Pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tibor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just out of curiousity, does anyone know what the acceptance rate is after u are interviewed at U Pitt? I just got an interview and I want to know how special I should feel.....

Members don't see this ad.

Depends.

Overall in 2006 897 people interviewed and 148 matriculated. So thats 16.5%. Keep in mind this is matriculants, however.... The number of admitted will be higher.

just out of curiousity, does anyone know what the acceptance rate is after u are interviewed at U Pitt? I just got an interview and I want to know how special I should feel.....

Knowing the acceptance rate should not affect how you feel. If you interviewed well compared to others, you have good odds, and if you interviewed poorly you don't. Even if 1 in 3 people gets in, that is meaningless since it's not a dice roll.

Members don't see this ad :)
Knowing the acceptance rate should not affect how you feel. If you interviewed well compared to others, you have good odds, and if you interviewed poorly you don't. Even if 1 in 3 people gets in, that is meaningless since it's not a dice roll.

Thats not right.

If they accept 1 in 3 he only has to do better than 2 other guys. If they accept 1 in 4, he has to do better than 3. So, with a given interview performance its tougher to get in the 1 in 4 school.

40% according to numbers from USNEWS 2008

I think generally, for not top programs, you can estimate around 2 acceptance offers per 1 matriculant.

Thats not right.

If they accept 1 in 3 he only has to do better than 2 other guys. If they accept 1 in 4, he has to do better than 3. So, with a given interview performance its tougher to get in the 1 in 4 school.

I guess, but do you really feel differently in those cases? I mean, do you think you ever come out of an interview thinking -- I know I did better than 66% of the other interviewees, but darnit probably not better than 75%??? :)
If you did well, your odds are good, and if you did poorly your odds aren't. Knowing the percentage shouldn't change this IMHO.

I guess, but do you really feel differently in those cases? I mean, do you think you ever come out of an interview thinking -- I know I did better than 66% of the other interviewees, but darnit probably not better than 75%??? :)
If you did well, your odds are good, and if you did poorly your odds aren't. Knowing the percentage shouldn't change this IMHO.

If it psyches you up to know you have a 1 in 3 vs. a 1 in 4, then by all means exploit that fact.

I mean, do you think you ever come out of an interview thinking -- I know I did better than 66% of the other interviewees, but darnit probably not better than 75%??? :)

actually i left one of my interviews thinking exactly this. needless to say, i was wrong.

Not very special, if you have a high MCAT score. Pitt sends automatic interview invites based on numbers. I received one of these, went to the interview, and was waitlisted.