Updated Post II Acceptance Rates 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyRabbit

Lifetime Donor
Vendor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been working on this community project for the last few weeks while I wait for the cycle to end.

You can see individual schools' updated application numbers, interviews, and acceptances that were in the 2021 sheet but now updated for 2023. This lets you see the application -> interview conversion rate and interview -> acceptance conversion rate. It also breaks stats down by in-state and out-of-state which is neat.

Soon I'll add all the school secondaries for the last 5 years and show cool info like the probability the secondary will show up in a future cycle based on the past trend. This should help with prioritizing pre-writing and make the whole admissions process less about Google searching and playing scavenger hunt for info.

Hope this helps a little with applying. I'll keep working on it out of boredom and see how it goes. If you have any feedback please let me know and I'll try to see what I can improve.

Link

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 25 users
where did you get the interview conversion rate from?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all, I've been working on this community project for the last few weeks while I wait for the cycle to end.

You can see individual schools' updated application numbers, interviews, and acceptances that were in the 2021 sheet but now updated for 2023. This lets you see the application -> interview conversion rate and interview -> acceptance conversion rate. It also breaks stats down by in-state and out-of-state which is neat.

Soon I'll add all the school secondaries for the last 5 years and show cool info like the probability the secondary will show up in a future cycle based on the past trend. This should help with prioritizing pre-writing and make the whole admissions process less about Google searching and playing scavenger hunt for info.

Hope this helps a little with applying. I'll keep working on it out of boredom and see how it goes. If you have any feedback please let me know and I'll try to see what I can improve.

Link
This is incredible, thanks for sharing! Is there a reason Creighton and Medical College of Wisconsin are not on here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
This is incredible, thanks for sharing! Is there a reason Creighton and Medical College of Wisconsin are not on here?
I'll look and see! I noticed there were a few schools missing, including all of D.O so I'll work to add those today. Thank you for letting me know :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'll look and see! I noticed there were a few schools missing, including all of D.O so I'll work to add those today. Thank you for letting me know :)
I should be thanking you haha, again, this is really cool!

• Care
Would you mind sharing where you got this data from? NYU admitting nearly 300 students seems much higher than what I would expect for 92-ish seats.

Reactions: 4 users
Would you mind sharing where you got this data from? NYU admitting nearly 300 students seems much higher than what I would expect for 92-ish seats.
Idk if that number is correct but NYU does surprisingly have a lower yield than one would expect from a Tuition-Free institution.

One reason many choose not to go to NYU was that they had full COA merit or financial aid offers at schools like Stanford, WashU, Columbia etc. whereas they would have had to pay for the cost of living in NYC.

During the info session, Dean Rivera mentioned they accept around 160 people total (including from the WL)

During the info session, Dean Rivera mentioned they accept around 160 people total (including from the WL)
This figure isn't accurate unless they reduced their class size or yield went up considerably this cycle. NYU interviews over 1,000 applicants and accepts around 300 (30% conversion rate) for a 140 student class.

Update: Looks like class size was reduced to 105 and values on Admit have been updated!

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
This figure isn't accurate. NYU interviews over 1,000 applicants and accepts around 300 (30% conversion rate) for a 140 student class size.
perhaps! I do believe they've been reducing their class size recently tho (down to 102 last year)

@HappyRabbit we all really appreciate the efforts this looks amazing. But I've noticed you haven't responded to any of the questions asking where this data is from, which is a question I also have. Would love if you can clarify. Thanks!

@HappyRabbit we all really appreciate the efforts this looks amazing. But I've noticed you haven't responded to any of the questions asking where this data is from, which is a question I also have. Would love if you can clarify. Thanks!
It's from a few sources. I first looked at individual school class profiles to see which contained all three application data points (since this would be the most updated info), then I found the most updated MCAT/GPA data from 2023 from a variation of MSAR (MSAR currently displays only 2022 data but these values are from 2023), then rankings were pulled from USNWR and all schools that withdrew were taken from the 2021 sheet, then the remaining was pulled from the most recent edition.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
50%!? Hopkins-sama, if you’re somewhere up there looking down on me, please manifest an II… I can handle it from there

• Haha
It's from a few sources. I first looked at individual school class profiles to see which contained all three application data points (since this would be the most updated info), then I found the most updated MCAT/GPA data from 2023 from a variation of MSAR (MSAR currently displays only 2022 data but these values are from 2023), then rankings were pulled from USNWR and all schools that withdrew were taken from the 2021 sheet, then the remaining was pulled from the most recent edition.
I just haven’t seen very many schools actually provide accepted data, only matriculated data.

Thanks for putting this together! I did notice however that the figures for Hopkins were a little inaccurate and contradict the numbers posted on their website for their 2023 admissions cycle. Link to that info here!

Thanks for putting this together! I did notice however that the figures for Hopkins were a little inaccurate and contradict the numbers posted on their website for their 2023 admissions cycle. Link to that info here!
Hopkins has data from the 2022 cycle because I wasn't able to find the recent data that breaks it down by state. Would it be better to have the latest data but missing in and out of state, or having slightly older data for some schools but including those breakdowns? Something to consider especially because its largely consistent year over year.

I'll add an icon showing that the data is a year old (or perhaps keep 2022 for the old breakdowns?)

Issue where users with AT&T couldn't connect is fixed now, all stats are now updated and manually reviewed, 81 new schools (all of DO and the remaining MD) are being added tomorrow with full stats. Working on the next feature for secondaries now which should be done by next week.

Last edited:
The remaining MD and DO schools have been added to the site! Working on finalizing the secondaries aggregator, so excited for it :) May applicants never struggle with prewriting again.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not, looked everywhere for data but they don’t appear to release it completely.
Where did you get the Post II acceptance rate for feinberg?

anything for UTMB(JSSOM)?
Just this. FWIW, the class size is 230 so they are likely accepting 400-500 people from my experience (~40% conversion rate)

1701197077066.png

anything for UTMB(JSSOM)?

Texas schools use the match as you probably know so the data presented is hard to interpret because some students may not get accepted because the student themselves didn’t rank a certain school high whereas they were ranked to match on the school’s end

Apologies if you explained this elsewhere, but I can't seem to get the data to display either in Chrome or Edge. The title tab "med school statistics" shows, but blank underneath. Is it password protected, or any thoughts on how I can get this to work?

Apologies if you explained this elsewhere, but I can't seem to get the data to display either in Chrome or Edge. The title tab "med school statistics" shows, but blank underneath. Is it password protected, or any thoughts on how I can get this to work?
Sent you a DM to figure out what the issue is!

Unfortunately not, looked everywhere for data but they don’t appear to release it completely.
I think I calculated it (based on old threads)

Avg apps = 3k
Showcase tends to go to top 10% of applicants
Class size is 64 and admits can go up to 80

Comes out to around 300 II's
21-26% Post-II A's

I think I calculated it (based on old threads)

Avg apps = 3k
Showcase tends to go to top 10% of applicants
Class size is 64 and admits can go up to 80

Comes out to around 300 II's
21-26% Post-II A's
Yeah there's a lot I could have done for the missing schools in terms of estimation/approximation but I opted to be as accurate as possible with all the reported numbers. I think it's important that the values people see are ones that they can trust, otherwise there's no point in having any of the stats there.

Might think about how I can show values like what you suggested that aren't as accurate (triangle warning symbol for example)

Sent you a DM to figure out what the issue is!
Thanks! I would screenshot it, but by some miracle it's working now. I tried two different computers and browsers on each one, and nothing worked until tonight. Grateful for your reply and the work you've put in on this. (I'm gathering info for my premed kid, not for myself, and every small peek behind the "black curtain" of med school admissions is appreciated.)

• Care
Thanks! I would screenshot it, but by some miracle it's working now. I tried two different computers and browsers on each one, and nothing worked until tonight. Grateful for your reply and the work you've put in on this. (I'm gathering info for my premed kid, not for myself, and every small peek behind the "black curtain" of med school admissions is appreciated.)
It means a lot! It was such a pain figuring out how to apply this cycle and I couldn't have done it without SDN and all the advice from the forums. It only made sense to take all that helpful info and put it in one place for future generations to benefit from. More to come soon :)

thank you so much for making this list!! and omg, one of the schools I interviewed at has a 94% post II acceptance- I'm going to be so sad if I don't get in after my interview!:eek:

edit - just got the acceptance email ahahah. Thank you so much for this helpful post! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
UVA's website says they interview around 650 applicants and accept around 300, which is a post-II acceptance rate of 46%.

UVA School of Medicine MD Program Admissions Process
The issue is that the numbers UVA reported to USNWR are significantly different; the stats that you linked don't give exact figures, just approximations, and it's unclear whether waitlist acceptances are being counted.

I opted to be as accurate as possible by prioritizing officially submitted data over self-reported ones on the website. Let me know if you think this isn't the right logic I should be using and we can see what can be done to improve what's displayed on Admit.

The issue is that the numbers UVA reported to USNWR are significantly different; the stats that you linked don't give exact figures, just approximations, and it's unclear whether waitlist acceptances are being counted.

I opted to be as accurate as possible by prioritizing officially submitted data over self-reported ones on the website. Let me know if you think this isn't the right logic I should be using and we can see what can be done to improve what's displayed on Admit.
I personally trust the info that comes directly from the schools rather than through USNWR. Since the data is so different in this case (46% vs. 83%), I would personally use the UVA info since it likely is closer to reality.

I personally trust the info that comes directly from the schools rather than through USNWR. Since the data is so different in this case (46% vs. 83%), I would personally use the UVA info since it likely is closer to reality.
USNWR collects data from school surveys which the school submits, but I do agree that the difference is strange. The only issue is that if the data is changed to what is displayed on the website, I'll no longer be able to display IS and OOS breakdowns. Would you prefer the new data if it means not being able to see the breakdowns?

When I click on your link my computer tells me this is a phishing scam :(

What ISP do you have? One or two niche internet providers are false positive flagging it. Can send the form in to fix it if I know who you have.
I'm at a coffee shop, I'll give it another try at home. Thank you for this info!!