Acceptance Responses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JmanDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does it work when, say, you receive an acceptance and they say you have 2 weeks to accept/decline-you haven't heard from other schools yet so how can you commit to a school yet?

Or do you accept until something better comes along and drop it?

Members don't see this ad.

You can hold multiple acceptances up to May 15, by which you need to narrow it down to only one.

You accept it and can hold on to it and as many other acceptances you want until May 15th. In general, you drop schools as you get acceptances from higher choices so spots open up for others.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was like oh man.. 10 days to respond? no way!... but I was so excited, that I grabbed the first acceptance I received...

There's no penalty to hold several acceptances... just how well it plays on your conscience...lol

Does the 'DO' in your name mean you are applying DO? It is my understanding that DO schools charge huge deposits, and not all of them are refundable, unlike allo schools which tend to charge nominal, refundable deposits.

Does the 'DO' in your name mean you are applying DO? It is my understanding that DO schools charge huge deposits, and not all of them are refundable, unlike allo schools which tend to charge nominal, refundable deposits.

nah I think he's applying allo

but I would just hold onto acceptances for now (assuming you aren't wiping your ass with them), if you are interested in the school just put in a deposit

as far as it being expensive, things should be budgeted accordingly. you cant make the expensive excuse for everything - if you are not interested in a school any more, by all means go ahead and withdraw (i would only do that if i had an acceptance). but also note that you could wait out for financial aid, which is more important and substantial than the deposit money

DO to be safe but primarily MSTP.

Don;t you only have to pay a deposit for your final choice school or simply just to hold on to an acceptance until May? I'd heard of the May rule but some schools give you two weeks or something which is likely going to expire before May 15th. What to do?

Also, is there a thread about how quickly schools tell you their decisions?
I'd heard UBuffalo tells the next day/week where most are in April.