Acceptance sabotage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDordie2023

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
1) the chance that someone actually acts on their jealousy and ill intent is very low!

2) I doubt any medical school will see an unsubstantiated claim about your character or past and make their decisions based off that without giving you any opportunity to clear your name. And I don't think they would even look into any random claims that come from someone who doesn't have an academic or professional relationship with you (your school, lab PI, professor, boss, or law enforcement lol).

Congratulations on your A!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Being lucky enough to receive an ED acceptance, I fear I have told some of the wrong people about it. I decided to only tell people whom I have considered close friends, but some people's reactions have made me question whether it is a good thing that they know. From backhanded compliments, to subtle insults, it's become very clear to me that some of my "close friends" arent happy for me.

This may be paranoia speaking, but is there a chance that someone can act on those feelings and somehow get my acceptance revoked? I haven't done anything illegal or morally reprehensible. Without proof, would medical schools even listen to ravings of envious people?
This just proves, you need better friends. You'll make better friends eventually. Congratulations!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Being lucky enough to receive an ED acceptance, I fear I have told some of the wrong people about it. I decided to only tell people whom I have considered close friends, but some people's reactions have made me question whether it is a good thing that they know. From backhanded compliments, to subtle insults, it's become very clear to me that some of my "close friends" arent happy for me.

This may be paranoia speaking, but is there a chance that someone can act on those feelings and somehow get my acceptance revoked? I haven't done anything illegal or morally reprehensible. Without proof, would medical schools even listen to ravings of envious people?
I'm glad you got in to your first choice school, I would guess the others are mostly envious that they have a lot of waiting and uncertainty still to come. You've probably been talking about this school a lot too, so you don't have to be mad at them about it but maybe give them a little space & support their waiting game later.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, you need better friends. I do appreciate @wysdoc 's compassionate remarks.

I would think it highly unlikely that anyone would be so evil as to damage your reputation and get your offer rescinded but stranger things have happened. Do not put yourself in any position where you could be accused of breaking the law or a school rule (including violations of Title IX). Those are situations where you could find yourself without an offer. Likewise, be careful how and what you communicate on social media. Protect your passwords and devices and avoid being hacked or having someone post something from your device while you were distracted.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm glad you got in to your first choice school, I would guess the others are mostly envious that they have a lot of waiting and uncertainty still to come. You've probably been talking about this school a lot too, so you don't have to be mad at them about it but maybe give them a little space & support their waiting game later.
Thank you all! I just wanted to add that I'm a non trad. All of my close friends in medicine either got in already and are years ahead of me, or aren't in the field at all. I've been getting the feeling that they didn't believe that I would get in. Or even worse, were hoping I wouldn't :(

And for what it's worth, all of my friends in medicine were supportive and congratulatory.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Yes, you need better friends. I do appreciate @wysdoc 's compassionate remarks.

I would think it highly unlikely that anyone would be so evil as to damage your reputation and get your offer rescinded but stranger things have happened. Do not put yourself in any position where you could be accused of breaking the law or a school rule (including violations of Title IX). Those are situations where you could find yourself without an offer. Likewise, be careful how and what you communicate on social media. Protect your passwords and devices and avoid being hacked or having someone post something from your device while you were distracted.
Thank you for the reassurance and advice! I do not plan on doing anything that would even remotely put my future in jeopardy!

• Care
I think you gotta be wary of these "friends" man. Only one who can save you is YOU. Cut these people off, and start making sure no one is tapping your phone and stuff. Remember Justin Timberlake from The social network? you dont wanna end up like that, being a victim of your own success. Good luck bro.

• Love
  • Wow