Acceptance Stats Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should i still pursue podiatry if the highest my cgpa could get is 3.4, and my sgpa 3.7.Id be applying in 2019-2020 possibly.
I'm assuming you're a freshman or maybe a sophomore in undergrad? You shouldn't be worrying about specifics this early in the game. Work hard and you'll have plenty of options. Enjoy college.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Should i still pursue podiatry if the highest my cgpa could get is 3.4, and my sgpa 3.7.Id be applying in 2019-2020 possibly.

Your sGPA is very high.

Aim for 498-500 MCAT and you'll be looking at interviews.

As long as you're a decent human being with people skills and have shadowed, you'll do great.

the application process for podiatry is really awesome in that the schools really take the time to understand your potential as a student based on your passion for podiatry. From my experience, the interviewers really just wanted to know if you are genuine and passionate about this field of medicine. the rest falls into place

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. cGPA: 3.88, sGPA 3.81,
2. MCAT 504,
3. 500+ hours of volunteering and shadowing with MDs and DPMs. 2 honor societies, 200+ hours working at resource center for students with disabilities
4. Applied to DMU, Kent, Barry, Samuel Merritt, New York
5. Interview invites to all of them
5. Acceptances w scholarship at DMU, Barry, and Samuel Merritt. Final Decision: Samuel Merritt w/ scholarship

Reactions: 4 users
1. cGPA: 3.88, sGPA 3.81,
2. MCAT 504,
3. 500+ hours of volunteering and shadowing with MDs and DPMs. 2 honor societies, 200+ hours working at resource center for students with disabilities
4. Applied to DMU, Kent, Barry, Samuel Merritt, New York
5. Acceptances w scholarship at DMU, Barry, and Samuel Merritt. Final Decision: Samuel Merritt w/ scholarship

Any reason you chose CSPM over DMU and Barry?

Applying to a majority of them but CSPM/AZPOD/Barry are top picks right now.

Any reason you chose CSPM over DMU and Barry?

Applying to a majority of them but CSPM/AZPOD/Barry are top picks right now.

I think ultimately, you'll be successful wherever you choose to go. What I liked about CSPM is it's the only school to give me the opportunity to have a lot of clinical experience early, and being able to have that opportunity during 2nd year really intrigued me. I was pleasantly surprised at how much busier it was compared to any other clinic at the other 5 schools I visited. Match rate is tied w DMU at 100% and my experience w the staff/ students was great. I believe the future is bright in California for DPM and I feel it's where I would like to practice in the future. Fit is everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
1. cGPA 3.06 sGPA 3.13
2. 498
3. EC: great ecs-military surgical research, 8 yrs health care experience to include PT, Donor Tissue harvesting, clinical and diagnostic testing)
4. Applied/interviewed: TUPSM only 3/18
5. Accepted: TUSPM with scholarship. 3/21

When did you apply in the cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

also would be nice to know when people applied with certain stats. thanks!

Anyone know how much MCAT is weighted vs GPA? About 50/50?
At Temple, for scholarship purposes, MCAT is 2/3 and GPA is 1/3. So I would assume it's weighted similar to that when they consider sending interview invites.

Not sure about the other schools.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Every school is a little different. Barry and Samuel Merritt valued MCAT and GPA evenly w interview a tad less valued but still a factor. Do your best in all aspects. You are welcome to check my stats above. I applied late, didn't get my first interview til very end of Feb as I applied early Feb.

I applied second week of February and was verified first week of March.
stats
1. cGPA: 3.5, sGPA 3.4,
2. MCAT 504,
3. 2yrs assosciate scientist at biopharma company, shadowing and volunteer hours in health care setting, leadership roles in community organizations
4. Applied to all schools
5. Acceptances w scholarship at Barry, Kent, Temple and Scholl. Going to Scholl this fall! woohoo!

I had the same question as you going into the process, so I hope this helps all future pods! Go podiatry! Feel free to PM for any questions about the process/interviews etc. would love to return the favor. SDN was a huge help to me :)

Reactions: 3 users
If podiatry is what you want to do then Hell Yeah apply. My cGPA was a 3.1 and my sGPA was a 3.27 with a MCAT of a 498

When did you apply in the cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

NOTE 1: I was incorrect before, the most recent stats are for the application cycle ending in 2015, not beginning in 2015, so they are for the class of 2019, not for the class of 2020. For now, all we have for the class of 2020 is what has been reported on this thread.

NOTE 2: There is a significant discrepancy in MCAT statistics for the class of 2018 as reported on the AACPM website (21.4) and in the 2015-2016 Podiatric Medical College Information Book (23.3).

NOTE 3: Class of 2019 MCAT converted to MCAT 2015 scale by percentile.

Acceptance Stats (2).png

Class of 2019 stats found by @Future Foot Guy
http://www.aacpm.org/wp-content/uploads/2017-2018-CIB_DIGITAL-FINAL.pdf
http://www.aacpm.org/wp-content/uploads/2016-CIB.pdf
https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...7a4/finalpercentileranksfortheoldmcatexam.pdf
https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...-4aa0-90cb-70184be8c8b8/percentilenewmcat.pdf
https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast..._total_and_section_score_percentile_ranks.pdf
http://www.aacpm.org/statistics/

Reactions: 3 users
1. sGPA: 2.9 cGPA: 3.29 nonsci GPA: 3.8 gGPA: 3.75

2. MCAT: 488 August '15---> 493 Jan. 16'---> 496 June 16'

3. Research 2 years- data crunching, bench lab work, poster presentation, literature reviews, data collection onsite, enzyme kits. Church stuff with leadership 16 years. Music with leadership 8 years. Shadowed IM - 30hrs, two pods 30 hrs each. Went to non-competitive public undergrad, non-competitive public grad for Masters in Kinesiology. Loaded up free electives with courses like neurochem, neuro phys, pharmacology, A&P. Got Bs in them. Finishing in May '17. Working as tutor for athletics department (15hrs a week) and teaching music on weekends for extra cash.

4. Applied to all but Temple and NYCPM.

5. Interview invites from all except Scholl (pending rec letters).

Accepted Kent. Waitlisted Western. Rejected post interview Midwestern. Accepted CSPM. Did not schedule Barry, DMU, or Scholl. Putting deposit down for CSPM. Was my top choice from the beginning. Did not get scholarships to any.

Applied August (3rd week). Verified within 24hrs. First invite from Kent same day followed by CSPM, Western, DMU, Barry, Midwestern within 2 weeks.

I was not a strong applicant academically. Weak undergrad sGPA and low/average MCAT with some Ds/Cs in certain courses. Always struggled with upper level chem/bio. Schools that waitlisted or rejected me had great interviews but academics were simply not competitive enough or I did not fit their class profile. Had to be very upfront with them, own up to it, and explain what I did to change it in grad courses. They will definitely take your interview into account, but it doesn't mean you're safe. If you know you are not a competitive applicant, work your ass off and prove it to them. I still am by doing my best right now. It doesn't stop til I graduate. They see every grade I make up until May and I have something to prove until then.

If you want it bad enough, work for it. No excuses. Sorry for rambling.

Reactions: 6 users
I will say that the above post on acceptance stats is promising. It's good to see the caliber of student attending podiatry schools is increasing. The profession deserves it.

Reactions: 1 users