Acceptance Stats for Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh that explains your username.
Edit out email for privacy please.

You can PM them to stay anonymous.

You do realize that you quoted them and now their email is listed in your quote even though they edited the original post, right? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
^ I can't believe I never noticed your rippetoe quote lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
^ I can't believe I never noticed your rippetoe quote lmao
Yeah, I had a college professor that was cool enough to have Starting Strength be our required text for class. I've had every edition of it and all but the most recent Practical Programming. That reminds me, I need to get back in the gym...

Fail. Fixed it.
No worries, figured I'd just give you the heads up
Just watched Rippetoe's video on how to do a power clean last night. Hoping to get the form down today at the gym @TheCzechShrek
If I can find the time, I'm hoping to go to one of his workshops in the future. Eventually. Maybe

I believe someone said in another thread (maybe "aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle"?) that AZPOD told them the screen is at 2.75.
I didn't know they used sGPA to screen though...
Yeah AZPOD screens both science and overall gpa to have a minimum of 2.75 or your app is automatically rejected

Last edited:
New to SDN so here it goes!

1). sGPA: 3.34, cGPA: 3.65
2). MCAT: 494
3). Student tutor at my school, some volunteering, 750+ hours of patient care as a CNA/Med. tech at an assisted living facility.
4). Applied and interviewed at DMU, Scholl, and Kent State
5). Accepted at DMU + scholarship, Scholl + scholarship and waitlisted at Kent State.

Chose DMU DPM Class of 2021! :)
Let me know if you have any questions regarding schools or the interview process/tips! Good luck to all!

Reactions: 4 users

3). Student tutor at my school, some volunteering, 750+ hours of patient care as a CNA/Med. tech at an assisted living facility.
5). Accepted at DMU + scholarship, Scholl + scholarship and waitlisted at Kent State.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding schools or the interview process/tips! Good luck to all!

You're gonna be golden!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do you mind if I ask what your scholarship to DMU was?

Do you mind if I ask what your scholarship to DMU was?

It was a $5000 scholarship renewable based on maintaining a 3.0 GPA. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
1. sGPA: 3.4 cGPA: 3.52
I received a dual bachelor degree in Athletic Training and Clinical Exercise Physiology and a minor in Psychology
2. MCAT: 493
3. ECs- Worked as a certified pharmacy technician through school for 4 years. I have over 2000 clinical hours while in school (not including my pharmacy job). I have shadowed athletic trainers (athletic therapist), pharmacist, PT's, ortho MD and DO and sports medicine MD, and a POD. I have 3 research projects involving the lower extremity and presented them to many conferences. I was an intern in an exercise physiology lab for one semester. Currently I am practicing as an Athletic Trainer/physicians extender for an orthopedic group. During the evening I cover sports medicine for the local High schools and Universities, and during the day I act as a physicians extender for a Podiatrist in our ortho group. 2 years of NCAA wrestling.
4. Schools applied to: I applied to all except Barry U, and I received an interview to all of them. I cancelled my Scholl and NYCPM interviews, but interviewed at the other 6.
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: I was accepted to all 6 school I interviewed at with scholarships.
I put my deposit down yesterday for Western U. It came between DMU, AZPOD and Western. I chose Western for a variety of factors. The main factors being accepted to their ISAC program, curriculum, and residency placement.

If anyone else is planning to go to Western this fall, feel free to message me.

Last edited:
1. sGPA: 3.4 cGPA: 3.52
I received a dual bachelor degree in Athletic Training and Clinical Exercise Physiology and a minor in Psychology
2. MCAT: 493
3. ECs- Worked as a certified pharmacy technician through school for 4 years. I have over 2000 clinical hours while in school (not including my pharmacy job). I have shadowed athletic trainers (athletic therapist), pharmacist, PT's, ortho MD and DO and sports medicine MD, and a POD. I have 3 research projects involving the lower extremity and presented them to many conferences. I was an intern in an exercise physiology lab for one semester. Currently I am practicing as an Athletic Trainer/physicians extender for an orthopedic group. During the evening I cover sports medicine for the local High schools and Universities, and during the day I act as a physicians extender for a Podiatrist in our ortho group. 2 years of NCAA wrestling.
4. Schools applied to: I applied to all except Barry U, and I received an interview to all of them. I cancelled my Scholl and NYCPM interviews, but interviewed at the other 6.
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: I was accepted to all 6 school I interviewed at with scholarships.
I put my deposit down yesterday for Western U.
Wow awesome stats and ECs! Go you! Sounds like you're going to be a great podiatrist!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. sGPA 3.49 cGPA 3.65
2. Mcat 499
3. over 3000 hour + of volunteer work for various programs, 40 hours research and 50 hours shadowing a podiatrist.
4. Just got an acceptance from Midwestern University. I'm so stoked!!

1. Overall GPA 3.215 (Economics Major GPA 3.386)
2. MCAT 488
3. Hospital volunteer, podiatry shadowing (around 5 different DPMs) and internship, club soccer
4. Applied to all 9 schools
5. Accepted to DMU and Scholl with same scholarship $ for both. Also "conditionally accepted" to NYCPM, but they wanted me to retake MCAT in Janurary and get a bit better of a score. Just put my deposit down for DMU today.

I know my stats are pretty crappy, but I still managed to get interview invites from NYCPM, DMU, Scholl, Kent State, Barry, and CSPM (I cancelled my Barry and CSPM interviews after I got accepted to DMU and Scholl). For anyone who doesn't have a high GPA and/or MCAT score, don't immediately think that you have no chance to get in anywhere. If I can do it with these stats, so can you (unless your GPA is below 3.0 and MCAT below 480...then you might wanna rethink this whole doctor thing).

Was there a certain score NYCPM asked for you to achieve? I have my interview coming up (3.7 c gpa, 3.41 science gpa, 492 mcat (496 if I took the highest sections from both exams) thanks!

Was there a certain score NYCPM asked for you to achieve? I have my interview coming up (3.7 c gpa, 3.41 science gpa, 492 mcat (496 if I took the highest sections from both exams) thanks!
Do not believe they super score.

With your high gpas you should be fine.

Sorry if this didn't answer your question. If you use search function, a lot of us have compiled stats ranging from average MCAT/GPA/graduation percentage on these forums. See if you can find it.
http://www.aacpm.org/wp-content/uploads/NYCPM-CIB-70-73.pdf

i think it was like 493 or around the 490s that they wanted me at

Yeah pretty sure none of the schools superscore.

This questions problem has been asked a million times, but, what's considered in your science GPA? (Science,math)?

This questions problem has been asked a million times, but, what's considered in your science GPA? (Science,math)?

When AACPMAS calculated my GPA, they did freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, and overall science GPA and also broke it down by subject (bio, inorganic chem, ochem, physics, "other" sciences, english)

When AACPMAS calculated my GPA, they did freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, and overall science GPA and also broke it down by subject (bio, inorganic chem, ochem, physics, "other" sciences, english)

My face when I get to interviews....and all the courses I got Cs in are visibly highlighted on their files.

:(

IMG_2241.PNG

1. 3.2 cGPA 3.21 sGPA
2. 495 MCAT
3. President of AMSA, etc. (leadership stuff)
4. All except Arizona and Temple.
5. Kent ($5,000/year scholly), Barry ($7,500 scholly).

I am still waiting on Western to reply. They didn't waitlist me or accept me...they straight up said they couldn't decide yet. Has anyone else had this happen to them, as they were one of my top choices and I was hoping to at least hear back so I could avoid dropping $1,000 deposit at another school and then possibly get accepted...Thoughts?

1. Overall 3.66, science 3.56 (Biomedical Sciences major)
2. 503 MCAT
3. 35 hours Pod shadow, not including a day in his OR, shadowed one MD, and 225 hours volunteering in an Emergency Department
4. Temple, Barry, DMU, AZPOD
5. II at all, interview at Temple and accepted with scholarship, same with Barry, cancelled the rest and takimg Barry

Was amazed with the friendliness of both schools but Barry is where i felt i fit best. Plus my shadowing podiatrist is an Alum so i may have been swayed a tad!

You are headed to Barry? Have you thought about housing yet? Thoughts?

1. 3.2 cGPA 3.21 sGPA
2. 495 MCAT
3. President of AMSA, etc. (leadership stuff)
4. All except Arizona and Temple.
5. Kent ($5,000/year scholly), Barry ($7,500 scholly).

I am still waiting on Western to reply. They didn't waitlist me or accept me...they straight up said they couldn't decide yet. Has anyone else had this happen to them, as they were one of my top choices and I was hoping to at least hear back so I could avoid dropping $1,000 deposit at another school and then possibly get accepted...Thoughts?

I was waitlisted then accepted 1 month after at Western.

Worse case ask the other schools for deadline extension. I asked Kent for one and they had no issue extending 30 days.

How many C's did you get? Did they ask you about them?

An embarrassing amount. Mostly stemming from Chem 2 retakes, Ochem1 retakes, Ochem2, immuno, microbio.

They asked about every weak grade I made. Adjectives they used to describe it were "colorful, concerning, troubling".
Biggest thing that helped for prepping was telling myself and admitting I ****ed up, then outlining what I did between then and now. Being able to own up to it and present it during interviews was the turning point. I don't like selling myself but expressing the desire to genuinely change helped make my case.

My sGPA was weak. Still got invites and acceptances. I do NOT take it for granted. I will probably struggle in pod school.
Do everything you can to fix your grades/work ethic/whatever the hell it was now if you can.

An embarrassing amount. Mostly stemming from Chem 2 retakes, Ochem1 retakes, Ochem2, immuno, microbio.

They asked about every weak grade I made. Adjectives they used to describe it were "colorful, concerning, troubling".
Biggest thing that helped for prepping was telling myself and admitting I ****ed up, then outlining what I did between then and now. Being able to own up to it and present it during interviews was the turning point. I don't like selling myself but expressing the desire to genuinely change helped make my case.

My sGPA was weak. Still got invites and acceptances. I do NOT take it for granted. I will probably struggle in pod school.
Do everything you can to fix your grades/work ethic/whatever the hell it was now if you can.

Great advice, that's awesome that you got acceptances/invites!!!

Agree with you on that last paragraph weirdy! I'm nervous myself to start as I did not have an A in every single science class I took! Still can't believe I got an acceptance. We'll just have to work our butts off in August!

Agree with you on that last paragraph weirdy! I'm nervous myself to start as I did not have an A in every single science class I took! Still can't believe I got an acceptance. We'll just have to work our butts off in August!

Glad I'm not the only one haha.

More power to you. Lets kick ass.

Excuse my ignorance, but is the science GPA that's on my college transcript going to be different than the one that the Pod application will calculate?

And if it is, is there a place to plug them in a check it or do I just have to go through it by hand myself?

Excuse my ignorance, but is the science GPA that's on my college transcript going to be different than the one that the Pod application will calculate?

And if it is, is there a place to plug them in a check it or do I just have to go through it by hand myself?

It's physics, biology and chemistry. No math at all in it. Just calculate it by hand. From what I know most colleges include math in it.

It's physics, biology and chemistry. No math at all in it. Just calculate it by hand. From what I know most colleges include math in it.

I actually think math counts. Look at this:

AACPMAS FAQs

There's one " * " next to math & stats. Anything with one " * " counts towards science GPA.

Also, colleges have science GPAs? I always thought it was only (3): current semester GPA, cumulative GPA, and major GPA.

Honestly @footpainhealer , you're better off inputting you grades into the AACPMAS system and doing the calculation from there instead of doing it by yourself. They average retakes, have policies for what they count as post-bacc, masters, etc. You can do it yourself to have an idea where you stand though but do expect differences between your school's calculation and AACPMAS'.

My school forgives a f tee retakes and takes your highest. They only average after 3 attempted retakes. AACPMAS averages all attempts and doesn't forgive anything.

From SDN I was always under the impression that unless you're in an actual official post-bacc program, any class you take will be considered as part of undergrad but that's not true. From the very second that you graduate and get your degree, any class you take there after is considered as a post-bacc whether you're officially enrolled on one or not!

Good luck.

Honestly the AACPM calculates so many different types of GPAs, I just paid the fee to have them input everything and do it all for me. Save yourself the time and stress of trying to figure out what it will be. They will take care of it for you.

1. GPA
cGPA: 3.60 sGPA: ~3.25
2. MCAT
3. ECs
  • College basketball
  • Love Your Melon Captain/Founding ambassador on campus
  • Student Organization of the Year Award
  • Rental Manager
  • Tons of hours at local ARL
  • Lots of various community service projects
  • 30+ hours shadowing family physician
  • 20-30 hour work week bartending/waitressing during school/basketball
  • 1 year of research
  • 2 strong LORs from undergrad professors
  • Outstanding Biology Student Award
4. Schools applied to
  • AZ
  • DMU
  • Kent
  • Scholl
5. Acceptances+ scholarships
  • Accepted at AZ (AZ doesn't offer scholarships)
  • Accepted at DMU ($7500)
  • Accepted at Kent ($5k)
  • Did not send Scholl LORs, so they never even responded to me

Going to AZ:)

Last edited:
1. GPA
2. MCAT
3. ECs
  • College basketball
  • Rental Manager
  • 1 year of research
4. Schools applied to
  • AZ
  • DMU
  • Kent
  • Scholl
  • Waiting to hear back from DMU
  • Accepted at Kent ($5k)

I haven't accepted anything, still weighing my options. How did you guys decide?! Help!

Congratulations on your acceptances! I am pre-podiatry myself so I can't answer your question; however, I do plan on applying to AZ, DMU, and Kent. I noticed you did not have pod shadowing/letter of recommendation. How did the schools feel about this when you went to your interviews?

Congratulations on your acceptances! I am pre-podiatry myself so I can't answer your question; however, I do plan on applying to AZ, DMU, and Kent. I noticed you did not have pod shadowing/letter of recommendation. How did the schools feel about this when you went to your interviews?

Kent was the only school that really touched on that, and they really stressed that it is important to have some experience with shadowing in the field. But they continued to ask me questions about the podiatry field (I think they were trying to see if I knew what I was getting myself into: what do you see your daily life like as a podiatrist? Independent or hospital? Etc). I answered those questions based off of what I knew and what questions I had asked my own podiatrists. It helped that I have been in and out of podiatrist's offices since middle school with various foot pathologies, including an ankle reconstruction a couple years ago (which was the premise of my personal statement). I bombarded my podiatrists and a couple physicians I know with questions, so I had a pretty fair judgment as to what podiatry is all about.

Best of luck with your applications, and let me know if you have any questions about their interview processes! All of mine were super laid-back; just relax and be confident. You'll do great. (Be prepared with a lot of questions of your own. Don't let them stop talking to you. They loved that.)

1. GPA
2. MCAT
3. ECs
  • College basketball
  • Rental Manager
  • 1 year of research
4. Schools applied to
  • AZ
  • DMU
  • Kent
  • Scholl
  • Accepted at Kent ($5k)

I haven't accepted anything, still weighing my options. How did you guys decide?! Help!

Weather was a huge factor for me. Sounds a bit naive but I'm from the south so regular -20 degree weather was a no go for me haha.

Other than that: the feel of the school faculty and how the students seemed to handle the stress. The location if you have a significant other coming with you, campus feel (AZpod has a gorgeous campus btw gotta admit), cost of living (not much of a factor for me cause weather took precedence so it narrowed down my locations).

Best advice I got from the older residents was this: it's the most stressful 4 years of your life for now. Go where you're comfortable enough to thrive for 4 years in that kind of high pressure environment.

1. GPA
2. MCAT
3. ECs
  • College basketball
  • Rental Manager
  • 1 year of research
4. Schools applied to
  • AZ
  • DMU
  • Kent
  • Scholl
  • Accepted at Kent ($5k)

Weather was a huge factor for me. Sounds a bit naive but I'm from the south so regular -20 degree weather was a no go for me haha.

Other than that: the feel of the school faculty and how the students seemed to handle the stress. The location if you have a significant other coming with you, campus feel (AZpod has a gorgeous campus btw gotta admit), cost of living (not much of a factor for me cause weather took precedence so it narrowed down my locations).

Best advice I got from the older residents was this: it's the most stressful 4 years of your life for now. Go where you're comfortable enough to thrive for 4 years in that kind of high pressure environment.
Great Advice Weirdy!!!! As for me, I loved Kent from the moment I drove up to the campus. It was a feeling of you just know!!!! My advice is go with your Gut!!!

Yeah, I'm from the area so Western seems like a good choice. I also like their integrated curriculum and campus. I liked NYCPM's community (truly felt like a family) and it was nice being able to shadow a podiatrist during my interview, but I'm not sure about the curriculum. I have to make my decision soon and still going back and forth. Very excited to enter next fall though! :)

Hi! I am a WesternU 1st year in the podiatry program. WesternU definitely has a challenging curriculum, but it is worth it. The faculty and staff is really encouraging and there are great systems in place for students who struggle. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

1. GPA
2. MCAT
3. ECs
  • College basketball
  • Rental Manager
  • 1 year of research
4. Schools applied to
  • AZ
  • DMU
  • Kent
  • Scholl
  • Accepted at Kent ($5k)

Congrats! Biased to say join us at Kent!! You got money there too!! :whistle::welcome: hahah

Hi! I am a WesternU 1st year in the podiatry program. WesternU definitely has a challenging curriculum, but it is worth it. The faculty and staff is really encouraging and there are great systems in place for students who struggle. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Hi Bdvesely, Welcome to the board!

I agree!

Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone is applying for the joint DPM/PHD at scholl? :) I was just wondering if anyone had information on the stipend and tuition waiver because the website doesn't list specific values

Hi! I am a WesternU 1st year in the podiatry program. WesternU definitely has a challenging integrated with the Do program curriculum, but it is worth it. The faculty and staff is really encouraging and there are great systems in place for students who struggle. Also they have the option of doing MSBS along with DPM program which starts in the second year. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Hi! I am a WesternU 1st year in the podiatry program. WesternU definitely has a challenging integrated with the Do program curriculum, but it is worth it. The faculty and staff is really encouraging and there are great systems in place for students who struggle. Also they have the option of doing MSBS along with DPM program which starts in the second year. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Welcome to the Board Miss.Kaur!!!!

1. GPA cGPA 3.5, sGPA3.35
2. MCAT 497 (8 point drop on my only practice test)
3. ECs; EMT 4 years, Sports clubs, volunteer at special Olympics and shadowing.
4. Schools applied to; Kent, NYCPM, Temple
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: Accepted Kent State + $2,500 (kinda low...). Waiting for Temple, had an interview. NYCP interview mid may.

Although, I am not 100% accepted just updating since I got through 66.6% of my interviews and heard back from both Temple and Kent. I assume my MCAT is low 500's. Just showing late MCATs don't hurt you. Just hoping my MCAT doesn't turn out to be a 472.

[Edit] I cheesed my MCAT, psych stabbed me in the back. Only one below 125...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
1. GPA cGPA 3.5, sGPA3.35
2. MCAT Pending
3. ECs; EMT 4 years, Sports clubs, volunteer at special Olympics and shadowing.
4. Schools applied to; Kent, NYCPM, Temple
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: Accepted Kent State pending acceptable MCAT for scholarship/matriculation(So, basically they are holding my seat). On hold at Temple, had an interview. NYCP won't grant an interview until MCAT scores.

Although, I am not 100% accepted just updating since I got through 66.6% of my interviews and heard back from both Temple and Kent. I assume my MCAT is low 500's. Just showing late MCATs don't hurt you. Just hoping my MCAT doesn't turn out to be a 472.
Did they say what they wanted your MCAT score, at a minimum, to be? Congrats dude!