Acceptance Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andrew07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are comfortable posting your stats for others to view, please do. It would be interesting to see a compilation of stats for those who have been accepted to at least one school (name the school if you like). It will give those of us who are getting ready to apply something to shoot for. And Congratulations on being accepted -- your work has finally paid off.

Andrew

Members don't see this ad.

To start, I will tell you that numbers don't mean anything. The admission process is so random, but if it provides some assurance for you...........
Undergrad @ NY Institute of Technology
Major: Life Science
Minor: Chemistry
Concentration: Biomed. research (OMM and its effects on Parkinsons)
Cum. GPA: 3.4
Sci. GPA: 3.3
Non-Sci GPA: 3.8
MCAT: 24
Volunteer work/shadowed a DO for 6 yrs.
Got letter of recommendation from premed committee and a DO (highly recommended).

Accepted to almost all schools I applied (waiting to hear from 2 more). Most likely going to attend UNECOM in the fall.

My numbers were not great at all, but if you can get an interview, be yourself and know why you want to be a DO or MD. You should be fine........Good luck!

Undergrad @ mid size liberal arts univ.
Major: Chemistry
Minor: Biology
GPA 3.55
Sci GPA 3.67
MCAT: 25 7V,8B,10P (first try 19)
Volunteer work, comm svc,extracurriculars, shadowed MD & DO (DO shadowing is most important to get letter)good letters from professors. Applied to 5 DO schools, got into my top choice, NOVA, and withdrew my app at the other four. At my interview they seemed very impressed with my grades??? To me they are not that great!! Also that I improved my MCAT 6 points (thanks to Princeton Review). Good luck, hope this helps. If you get an interview be sure you know about osteopathy.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.45 cum. GPA
3.55 non-sci
3.40 sci
29 MCAT 9V,11P,9B,W-R (2nd time, 1st time was 9V,8P,7B, W-Q)
I'd list extracurriculars, but you only asked for stats
smile.gif
Although there was nothing I hated more during undergrad and especially at interview than being asked my stats, I have to admit that the gossip in me always liked to hear those of others. Sometimes hearing them is helpful, and it provides reassurance. So, under my alter ego, I provide reassurance.
Applied: 14 schools
Secondaries: 13 (sent back 12)
Interviews: 7 offers, went on 5 of them
Acceptances: 3
Waitlists: 2
Rejections: 1 w/o secondary, 1 with secondary
I withdrew my apps in Dec. when I decided on a school. Good luck to you!

mini me,
if you dont' mind, can you tell me what schools that you were accepted and waitlisted at?

also have you decided where to attend?

Originally posted by MTY:
mini me,
if you dont' mind, can you tell me what schools that you were accepted and waitlisted at?

also have you decided where to attend?

Accepted: UNECOM, LECOM, MSUCOM
Waitlisted: Wayne State, Vermont
Interviews turned down: Penn State, MSUCHM
95% sure on UNECOM.