Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats Ritu and Giffy.
Good for you guys.Hard work and patience pay!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

:clap:

Hi Meggs,

CONGRATULATIONS !!

You really deserved it.

hi,
congratulations to you both.

I wish you all the best

Indiandentist

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats meggs and giffy!!!!
time to celebrate:clap:

hi meggs
congrats ....all the best

megg first of all, congratulation your acceptance.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

as your advice, now i am trying to post my messages again and again. thanks.

congrats meggs..thats great...
pooja

Hi ritu and megg,
Congratulations on ur success and i think by browisin thru the old postings, i could see that ritu got in to UCLA, UCSF AND UOP. So ritu where did u plan to join.

All the best to you all

hi i got accepted to ucsf and uop

NBDE part 1- 95
TOEFL - 280
GPA- 4.0

confused as to where to go? any advice will be appreciated
thanks

Congrats
Great scores dimple
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
wow! dimple

great scores. awesome.

What si the latest date you need to confirm at UOP ($1000 payment).

Probably you might have read dds_fight's college comparision thread in the very beginning. Both are very great schools. UCSF is great for its reputation and its staff. but little new to IDP kind of course. where as UOP is very popular for its IDS program. by looking into your scores if you have any plans for specialization or higher studies UCSF would be a great option. if you want to practice immiedetly I think both could be very similar.

probably it would be a good idea to talk to people like henna who are already in the program. their feedback would be very valuable.

just my openion.

congrates again. wish you all the best.

Hi,
congrats on ur admission in to the two prestifious schools. u got awesome scores and GPA. I think it is little tough in deciding between them and i wish you all the best. Can i know from where did u do your BDS.

All the best

Hi ritu14 n Dimple,
Congratulations on ur acceptance
:clap: :clap:
UR scores r amazing:wow: Any of ur advices or tips for part-1 will be gr8ly appreciated by us,the future test takers:rolleyes: :)

thanks Charaka, for your input. i really appreciate it.

Krishhhh, i completed my BDS from india.

thanks everyone for the best wishes.

wow dimple your gpa score is 4.0?:wow:
thats the perfect score I guess..
congratulations.

Hi Charaka,
I like your name..:D

Hi,
Thanx for letting me know and if u dont mind can i ask u which college r u from. I was curious to know as i was surprised to seee ur credentials. U must be the topper of ur university. Isnt it.

All the best

hi guys,

i got accepted at bu

ndbe 93
toefl 250
gpa 3.2

i was interviewed there on 22jan and got my acceptance letter on feb 14

all the best guys to people who are waiting

Hi dear all,
I am sorry I forgot to post my qualifications for applying IDP programs

GPA: 3.61
NBDE Part1 :93
NBDE part 2: 95
TOEFL: 300 ( Computer test)

but I just want to say that for those who don't think your grades come out as well as you wish shouldn't be discouraged.

I truely think as long as you pass that basic requirements, it is your testing and interview at the school that really count.

For those who didn't meet the requirements, you have to to retake the exam no matter what, for as long as you pass this requirements, the door will open up for you.

thanks

wow!
really impressed by your scores organic. im in the middle of preparing for the part 2 exams and i was wondering if you have any suggesstions apart from reading the dental decks on how to prepare of it intelligently and efficiently.

no krishh i did not get a university rank.

Hi Vajra,
Congratulations..do you remember we met at UPenn..
Take care

Originally posted by Dimple
wow!
really impressed by your scores organic. im in the middle of preparing for the part 2 exams and i was wondering if you have any suggesstions apart from reading the dental decks on how to prepare of it intelligently and efficiently.

no krishh i did not get a university rank.

dimple, I posted a long message regarding how I repared for NBDE2 . PLease do a search on the " DENTAL forum" ( not international dental)

sorry I am short in time for running the search for you right now

best luck for you

Hi vajra.....congrats on ur acceptence :clap:

Hi organic,
ur stats r quite impressive:wow: :clap: I jus read ur part-2 prep thread......nice job....way to go...kudos:clap:

Originally posted by meggs

I got into UOP.

[/B]

How could I have missed this?? *Tasha Kix Herself* Congrats Meggs :clap: You deserve it.. All the best for the future.

Tasha

thanks wiztooth and pinktooth.
pink tooth did u hear any thing from upenn. i was just wondering if we have not heard from them in two weeks after the interview what our chances are of getting accepted at upenn.

Hi guys,
As i think u must be knwoing that once if u get a fedex u r in to the program and if u didnt hear from the Upenn with in 2 weeks after ur interview, it doesnt means bad. I think they will close all the interviews at a certain date and will let everyone know whether they r accepted or in waitinglist or reection.

Wish you all the best and take care

Hi krishhhh
guess u r mistaken......am not in the proces of applications :oops: ..am jus simply congratulating these guys Vth such a nice stats n those get admitted into IDP...still i gotta take my part-;),hope I can post one day in this thread with my acceptance in some school :) ...anyhow thanks for ur wishes n same to u too....:)

I was interviewed on 3rd dec. in upenn.
I am wondering anybody got into this school from this batch.
We were 6 girls and 1 boy.

Originally posted by vajra bentur
thanks wiztooth and pinktooth.
pink tooth did u hear any thing from upenn. i was just wondering if we have not heard from them in two weeks after the interview what our chances are of getting accepted at upenn.
Hi Vajra,
Haven't heard from UPenn yet,if I hear I will definitly post it here.
Going for BU interview..
take care

hey all,
i had been a passive reader of this site from quite a long time, didn't post anything B,caz i found all my answers already discussed here. Its a good site for gathering information and meeting people. Surely helps..I have been accepted at BU.
My stats
part 1 96
TOEFL 270
GPA 3.2

All the best to everyone waiting for results.:thumbup:

Hello everbody,
congrats on ur great scores:clap: :clap: :clap:
doc_real, pls chech ur pm..thanks

Congrats doc_real!!! when were you interviewed and when did you hear from them...just want to know.
Giffy

Hi,
Congrats on ur decision to join in UOP and i was just amazed to see ur stats. Can i know which college are u from and what r the reasons to join in UOP. If u dont mind can u let me know.

Have a nice day and take care

Indiandentist

hi indiandentist
im from india. deciding between the two schools was really a tough decision. ucsf was primarily my first choice. my decision was made based on student input and the facilities i saw both at ucsf and uop. the cost of education was factored into my decision too, but both the schools were not that far apart.

the reason i wanted to go to ucsf in the first place was to pursue a post grad , but i dont think im interested in that anymore. please no more school. i want to work. ive seen the clinics at uop and they are spectacular + you get to work with the latest equipments.

i talked to several dentists regarding how graduating from either school will affect my job oppurtunities, and all of them said that when they hire they do not prefer one school over the other. all they care about is how confident the person is and how good "people skills"he/she has, a few mentioned "good technical skill"

i hope this helps. which school are you going to?

Originally posted by charaka
wow! dimple

What si the latest date you need to confirm at UOP ($1000 payment).

Probably you might have read dds_fight's college comparision thread in the very beginning. Both are very great schools. UCSF is great for its reputation and its staff. but little new to IDP kind of course. where as UOP is very popular for its IDS program. by looking into your scores if you have any plans for specialization or higher studies UCSF would be a great option. if you want to practice immiedetly I think both could be very similar.

probably it would be a good idea to talk to people like henna who are already in the program. their feedback would be very valuable.

just my openion.

congrates again. wish you all the best.

i talked to pat king and she said it would be okey to send the $1000 deposit by the 19th of this month

i agree both are very prestigious schools, but i think uop is better suited for my needs and i have decided im going to uop.
curious as to know where you are going?

Hi Guys,

I have decided to go to UOP also. I went and gave my $1000 deposit today.

congratulations! again to both of you (ritu14 and dimple)

You both paid $1000 in both UCSF and UOP so howlong school has to wait before they can offer those seats to some one. How is this going to work? Any idea how this works?

thanks
charak

Originally posted by Dimple
hi indiandentist
the reason i wanted to go to ucsf in the first place was to pursue a post grad , but i dont think im interested in that anymore. please no more school. i want to work. ive seen the clinics at uop and they are spectacular + you get to work with the latest equipments.

i talked to several dentists regarding how graduating from either school will affect my job oppurtunities, and all of them said that when they hire they do not prefer one school over the other. all they care about is how confident the person is and how good "people skills"he/she has, a few mentioned "good technical skill"

i hope this helps. which school are you going to?

Hi,
Thanx for the input and Congratulations on ur decision. I am joining in UCSF. I think i miss you and ritu in the program as u both seem to be smart gals with an excellent scores. :clap: :clap: :clap:

All the best to you all and enjoyy

Indiandentist

Originally posted by ritu14
Hi Guys,

I have decided to go to UOP also. I went and gave my $1000 deposit today.

hI,
Congrats on ur decision and i wish you all the best

Have a nice day

Indiandentist

hi indiandentist
all the very best. hope to meet you at some CDA or ADA meetings.

hi

I got accepted to NYU

ketu

hi

I got accepted to NYU

my stats
part I 85
toefl 260
gpa 3.31

ketu

hi ketu,

Coongratulations!:clap: :clap: :clap:
so, are you still planning to attend boston interview?

ram

hi ram

yes I am plannig to attend BU interveiw, it is a human tendency of expecting more and more.
I know BU is not going to accept me but God knows anything can happen. Why miss a chance?

ketu

Originally posted by ketu229
hi ram

yes I am plannig to attend BU interveiw, it is a human tendency of expecting more and more.
I know BU is not going to accept me but God knows anything can happen. Why miss a chance?

ketu

YAY, great going ketu!!! :clap:

All the very best for BU.. please go with a positive attitude.. remember, if you're good enough for them to want to interview you, you're good enough to get accepted. :)

Tasha