Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by ketu229
hi ram

yes I am plannig to attend BU interveiw, it is a human tendency of expecting more and more.
I know BU is not going to accept me but God knows anything can happen. Why miss a chance?

ketu
Hi ketu,
Please don't go with this attitude..don't think that they are not going to select you.Please take the tour of the school and decide whether its good enough for you;)
Ya !Thats the attitude you should go with..
all the very best,

Members don't see this ad.

Actually as you said, I had this attitude when I went to NYU and I will be going with same in BU

But some what I am scared, I will try my best about it.
The positive thing in me is I dont take tension so may be that will help me.

thanks for the advice and encouragement

regards

Ketu

Hi ketu
Congrats n goodluck for ur BU interview:thumbup: :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi wiztooth,

thanks a lots

I like that you have changed the pictur, I didnt like the old one.
this is cute

ketu

Hi ketu,
when i registered....the available pics which i liked were already chosen by many n moreover I like this guy,einstein....but that genius pic doesn't describe my-self at all:p ....this new custom avatar is of my fav chweet niece....thanx 4 finding her cute:)
(hope no body minds me for posting s'thing irrelevant in this thread!:scared: )

Hi wiztooth,
I don't think anyone would mind you posting ..don't worry.
Your niece is really cute!!
take care

Congratulations on ur acceptance in NYU

Looking forward to meeting u and ram on the 11th march at the boston U. interview

:clap: :clap: :clap:

hi wiz tooth ,whats your neice's name if you dont mind?she is a very adorable cutie pie

lasjy

I am excited to meet you guys at BU.
when I went for interveiw to NYU there was no one I knew there, but its nice that here we will know each other.
It will make us feel more comfortable.

see you and ram at BU on 11th .

where are you from?

ketu

Hi pinktooth n greenemerald,
Thanx on behalf of my niece:D ....emerald, we call her Bubbly:)

congratulations ketu
and all the best for bu.....:thumbup:

hi guys:)
i got accepted at UIC.i was waiting from such a long time to post this in the acceptance thread.finally i got my chance.i am so happy as this is the only interview i attended. i wanted to share my happiness with you guys.bye.
:clap: :clap:

anyone else who got accepted at UIC?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi smitha
congrats
would u please tell me whats UIC
i am know that i am very dumb:rolleyes: :sleep:

if u dont mind would u share ur scores with me
bye

Congratulations smitha!! One more addition to the list. :)

Busydentist, UIC is University of Illinois at Chicago.

Cheers!

hi all ,
i got to know this site very recently ,so here r my stats ........
NBDE part -92
GPA-3.72
toefl-260

i got accepted at BU ..........
congrats to all those who got accepted and good luck for those who r waiting ...........:thumbup:

If u believe in something ,it happens.............. [/B][/I]

Congratulations smitha30 & doc_redd :clap: .Time to celebrate :clap: .

Cograts smitha and doc redd!!! :hardy:

hi smitha,
congrats!!!!!
when did you get your results back?did they finish the interview sessions?please share your ndb scores and interview experience.is there any waiting list there?please reply
honest

Congrats Smitha and doc Redd!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats Smitha and dr_redd..:clap: :clap:

congrats:clap: just want to know if UIC gives a DMD or DDS degree or the diploma,heard rumors that they ahve changed to DMD(for advanced standing) is that true

Great going smitha and doc redd... thats awesome news.. its always heartening to see one of our 'flock' succeed so well!! :D

emerald.. I dont think the DMD will be just for the advanced standing students.. :confused: I think the whole school applies for this change, and the degree that the advanced standing students get will be the same as the degree the regular students get.. of course I could be wrong, as I don't know much about UIC..

Hey Green Emerald and Tasha,

I dont know much about UIC as well, but this is what i saw on their website. This information is current as of now. I dont know if they have changed the program structure (if they have, they havent posted it on the website!)

Program Description
The International Dentist Program is designed to provide dentists who were trained outside the United States of America and Canada with the enhanced clinical skills and knowledge that are necessary to practice dentistry in the State of Illinois.

Each year, 18 internationally trained dentists are accepted into the program. Enrollment is limited to US citizens, permanent residents, asylee, and refuges who are currently residing in the US and are in the process of becoming citizens or permanent residents. Preference is given to residents of the State of Illinois. The first two semesters focus on pre-clinical instruction, didactic instruction and departmental rotations. After evaluation, participants begin patient care.

Upon the successful completion of the program the participant is awarded a certificate that meets the requirements for the licensure process for the State of Illinois. Because this is a certificate program, and no degree is awarded, not all states will recognize it as sufficient for licensing purposes.

Please Note: The International Dentist Program is not an advanced standing program and applicants are not eligible to receive student visas, UIC financial aid, scholarships or tuition waivers. The program does not have the ability to issue F1 visas or process documents relating to visa status.

You can check out the webpage at

http://dentistry.uic.edu/academic/programs/as/idp/index.htm

Congratulations to smitha and Doc_redd
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi congratulations smitha...:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: party time.

hi doc_redd wellcome and congratulations. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi smitha and doc_redd

congratulations on ur acheivement

congratulations to smitha and doc-redd

welcome doc-redd

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi smitha30

can u please share ur scores and gpa.

congragulations

good job smitha, i also went for the interview at UIC. is there a waiting list for them? i did not hear any thing from them. i lost all my hopes.when did they inform you about the acceptence? by mail or phone? i know i am asking too much.hope you understand my situation
impression

hi smitha,

congratulations.......well this is the first time i am writing to u but i wld really appreciate if u let me know ur ndbe score and gpa.......i too have applied to uic and have been waiting for thier reply.......have absolutely no idea whats going on.......i wld also like to have a talk with u if u dont mind .......if its fine with u let me kow ur tel no: and i will call u....i havent applied anywhere else and now that there is no response from uic i am getting really tensed and worried.....waiting for ur reply and congratz once again.

Hi all,
Thank you sam3,meggs,giffy,toothlord,tasha,lasjy,sree,krishna,vajra,ketu,starwars.............
its a nice feeling to have so many well wishers...................:love:

hi doc_mgeeta
we are in the same boat, when did you went for the interview? the printed material they give me at the time of interview says you will be informed by mail and phone from 15th march to 19th march. since only one more day to go i lost all my hopes.when was your interview? did u take part 2? interview will be easier for those who took part 2 , right?
impression

congratulations smitha and doc-redd:clap::clap: :clap:

PLEASE
Start a new thread for all of the UIC coversation. This is an acceptance thread.

Smitha, will you share your UIC experience with everyone in a new thread????

Thank you.

hi everyone,
first of all sorry i could not reply immediately as the computer in my house is not working from a few days.even now i had to come out to check my mails.

thanks ram7378,impression,meggs,sam,totally tasha,doc_red,doc_mgeeta,starwars,bond,ketu229,vajrabentur,krishna,sree,lasjy,green emerald,pink tooth,giffy,toothlord,busy dentist,honest dentist and to anyone whom i missed out.

doc_mgeeta and impression please check your private messages(PM).

meggs i am really sorry for the inconvenience caused.i will continue discussion about UIC experience in a separate thread.

lastly congrats to all who got accepted to dental schools and all the best to those waiting.

Originally posted by smitha30
meggs i am really sorry for the inconvenience caused.i will continue discussion about UIC experience in a separate thread.

OH, I dind't mean to point you as the cause. But that's ok anyway 'cause people got the messagge. Already a couple of UIC threads have been started.

Good luck smitha, and congrats again!. :)

Hi All,

Fairly new to the site, hence the delay.

Just wanted to share the good news that I got into UIC.

- fun dentist

:clap: a new name on the list ,CONGRATULATIONS

& Welcome ......................

Congratulations Fundentist and welcome to the forum..
Enjoy the windy city:)

Congratulations Fun dentist.:thumbup:

Congrats fundentist!!! :clap: :clap:

i totally agree with POST IT, best first post!!

all the very best for everything!

smiledentist

Hi
i know i am really late.:p but thought of putting it up at least now.

i got accepted at NYU
ndbe: 89
toefl: 257
gpa: 2.82

i am waiting to hear from Uconn
tweety:D

congratulations fundentist and tweety .............: :clap:

good luck.................. :thumbup: