Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats pinktooth

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

all the best at CWRU

lasjy :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks a lot Pinkpeanuts,Boggu,Tasha,Lasjy and Ram and ofcourse I will be praying for all of you guys too....
060.gif

Hey Folks,
Since the day I officially joined SDN and MEggs started the acceptance thread I was looking forward to post my acceptance too.I had to wait soooooooooooo long ...
But it feels good..
059.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
hey pinktooth,
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all the best at cwru :thumbup:

Congrats Pinktooth...i am really happy for you. All the best.
Giffy

CONGRATS,pink tooth

Hey..Thanks Vajra,Giffy and Anvi...
I am feeling great...
Hey Vajra you remember we met at UPenn...hey guess nobody in our batch of candidates got through..

But I am happy now.. :)

congratulations pinktooth,you deserve it :clap:

hi pinktooth,

congrats............u deserve it..............have fun at cwru....u will do a great job at cwru.......

Thanks Ganesha and Gsmm....long time no see.. :cool:

hey guys
I got accepted at NSU(NOVA)!!Iam very happy abt it !!thanks a lot for all the friends who helped me with lots of information!!!

congratulations smilee,,
but were you able to supply them with recommendations in sealed envelops or they didnt put much weight on them..any answer would be appreciated

hi gsmm
thanks a lot !! i have got some sealed envelopes from my pre dental school.apart from that they have sent me some evaluation forms which i got filled up by local dentist with whom i worked as an assistant and few more friends

Members don't see this ad :)
hey smilee,congrats!!me too i have been accepted at nova,hope we can chat as there are not many people who know much or have any experience with nova....i did'nt even know about this website until a couple of days back....do respond and i can send u a pm.....

congrats smilee and mnm. can u tell me how many seats were thr in nova this yr? is it true tht they prefer florida residents?? can u post ur stats pls? it would be really helpful for future nova applicants

congrats Smilee :clap:

all the best at NSU :thumbup:

Congratulations Smilee...When is the session going to start??
Are you on a dependent visa or will you have to aply for a students visa?
take care and have fun :luck:

hi
thanks ann,lasjyand pink tooth my stats are part 1 90,267,3.82
there were 8 positions available this year .but this keeps changing since it is a space based institution .Based on the results ,i shouldsay yes!they prefer florida residents.
my classes start on aug 5th and iam planing to change my visa status

Ann 03 said:
congrats smilee and mnm. can u tell me how many seats were thr in nova this yr? is it true tht they prefer florida residents?? can u post ur stats pls? it would be really helpful for future nova applicants

thanks ann.during their interview,they told us they had 8 seats,but may have moreit seems last yr. they had 12.so,i think everyone has a really good chance.i encourage people to apply,as the college is really nice and it's definitely cheaper.i was also accepted at nyu,so i'll be withdrawing from there today.......as far as florida residents,yes i was living in florida,at the time of application,but moved later....i don't think it makes a huge difference .....my stats...nbde..91.toefl..260...gpa.3.44.if anyone has any other qustions,please let me know....

hey congrats smilee and mnm :)
all the best...
is test of spoken english mandatory for applying to NSU?

thanks starwars,
nope,i did not take tse...just toefl....

congrats smilee and mnm. :thumbup: :thumbup:

have fun at nova! good luck. :luck:

Congrats Smilee and mnm. Nova is a good school. All the best.
Giffy

mnm said:
thanks ann.during their interview,they told us they had 8 seats,but may have moreit seems last yr. they had 12.so,i think everyone has a really good chance.i encourage people to apply,as the college is really nice and it's definitely cheaper.i was also accepted at nyu,so i'll be withdrawing from there today.......as far as florida residents,yes i was living in florida,at the time of application,but moved later....i don't think it makes a huge difference .....my stats...nbde..91.toefl..260...gpa.3.44.if anyone has any other qustions,please let me know....

Congrats :hardy: !

So, does this school give u a DDS degree or is it a certificate program like in illinois, Chicago? :confused:
Thanks!

thanks dental doc,
nova does give you you a dds degree,that's why it's a long....3 yr course....but ur not stuck in florida
this is another school in florida,in gainsville i think,which gives u a diploma(2yrs),but ofcourse the catch is u can;t leave fl.

thanks a lot giffy...feels nice to have so many well wishers,,,even if they don't personally know you...like i said i wish i knew about this website earlier...i would have loved to share info...but better late than never....all the best to everyone else waiting to get in this yr,remember it ain't over yet.....

hi guys
thanks a lot starwars,giffy,toothmail and dental doc .i wish u guys all the best for ur advanced standing programme

mnm said:
thanks dental doc,
nova does give you you a dds degree,that's why it's a long....3 yr course....but ur not stuck in florida
this is another school in florida,in gainsville i think,which gives u a diploma(2yrs),but ofcourse the catch is u can;t leave fl.

This another school in florida,which gives us a diploma is still a 2 yr accredited program right?.... so some states allow the students who has done any sort of 2 yr accredited program to take their licensing exam & practice..Are u aware of it? can u share what do u think? I am afraid whether that school will accept only florida residents :confused:

hey dental doc,i can only share with u what's on the website of this school(go to www.dental.ufl.edu and click on international),cause as far as i know,the dentist about whom i know and have passed out from that school are practising in florida.
first of all,you must be a florida resident to apply here(either gc or us cititzen)
on their website they do mention that some states do accept this diploma,no names have been mentioned.it is totally upto to u to find out which ones and what r their policies.....
also they say if you r planning to do postgraduate or specialty training they strongly recommend u do their 4 yr dmd program,for which they accept 2 students per yr.
for their diploma program they accept 14 students each yr......
that's all the info i have,but u can definitely do some research....u never know what u might find.....

mnm said:
hey dental doc,i can only share with u what's on the website of this school(go to www.dental.ufl.edu and click on international),cause as far as i know,the dentist about whom i know and have passed out from that school are practising in florida.
first of all,you must be a florida resident to apply here(either gc or us cititzen)
on their website they do mention that some states do accept this diploma,no names have been mentioned.it is totally upto to u to find out which ones and what r their policies.....
also they say if you r planning to do postgraduate or specialty training they strongly recommend u do their 4 yr dmd program,for which they accept 2 students per yr.
for their diploma program they accept 14 students each yr......
that's all the info i have,but u can definitely do some research....u never know what u might find.....

Yeah, it sucks that only florida residents can apply :(
Thanks anyways :) :luck:

hi dental doc
not only in florida but u have similar certification programmes in other states ex... university school of pacific ,i guess its in chicago i can search for the adress and give it to u .But these programmes are eually expensive !!then why certification ??u can try for DDS/DMD itself!!!

smilee said:
hi dental doc
not only in florida but u have similar certification programmes in other states ex... university school of pacific ,i guess its in chicago i can search for the adress and give it to u .But these programmes are eually expensive !!then why certification ??u can try for DDS/DMD itself!!!

Thanks smilee :)
I am surprised that UOP( & others?) has the certificate Program!

Yeah I agree with u very much that they r only certificate programs & equally expensive. But the point is we can practice after 2 yrs in many states whichever allows(& also it's less competetive to get in I beleive), instead of wasting one more year & aiming for the degree program(& god knows whether I will get in after waiting (wasting) one or more year) :eek:

So the only difference is all states don't allow this certificate for practicing but still it is allowed in some states(I have to "research" which all alllows them). Other than this I don't know what the drawback is....

hi
right!!but DDS makes u feel more secure ....is it not..!???!!i guess even for the certification programme u will be able to apply only 4the year 2005
(iam not very sure abt all the schools but ive got an application form of one school for which the dead line is oct 2004 and u will join in 2005)
In that case u can apply even to the advanced standing programme simultaniously !!!dont get discouraged and apply to as many schools as u can u will def get accepted somewhere!!!all the best !!

smilee said:
hi
right!!but DDS makes u feel more secure ....is it not..!???!!i guess even for the certification programme u will be able to apply only 4the year 2005
(iam not very sure abt all the schools but ive got an application form of one school for which the dead line is oct 2004 and u will join in 2005)
In that case u can apply even to the advanced standing programme simultaniously !!!dont get discouraged and apply to as many schools as u can u will def get accepted somewhere!!!all the best !!

Thank u very much for the kind words :)
Yes I will be applying for the 2005 class..& I will be applying for all the schools, eventhough my preference is for a degree program but what I meant is I won't reject becos it's a certificate program & wait another yr (hoping to join a degree program) :eek:
I wish u luck :luck:

ok .in that case u can call up the university of pacific school of dentisry and ask them for the application
tel 415-929-6688 415-929-6428

smilee said:
ok .in that case u can call up the university of pacific school of dentisry and ask them for the application
tel 415-929-6688 415-929-6428

thanks again smilee! :)
I will do that. Pls let me know if u find more such 2 yr certificate programs other than in Chicago & florida.

iam sorry !!university school of pacific is in california not in chicago.i just got confused!!

smilee said:
iam sorry !!university school of pacific is in california not in chicago.i just got confused!!

Oh, So UOP in California doesn't have the certificate course?
As far as I know florida & chicago has one for sure.

i dont know abt uop!!!but the school i told u is in california!!

smilee said:
i dont know abt uop!!!but the school i told u is in california!!

Hi smile,
I exactly meant the same UOP-University of pacific which is in California :)
So, r u applying for the certificate program there?

no!!!i have already been accepted by NOVA.

hey smiley,
do u know ur classmates who have been accepted at nova?are they all florida residents?
also at the time of interview were all candidates from florida or were there students from outside states too.
i am asking this as it will help all of us who want to decide whether we shud to apply to nova......as most of us donot want to waste money and documents on ignorant applications.....
so if we have some idea abt whether there is preference given to florida residents we might as well think twice before applying....
ur info will be of help...
thanks...

hi starwars,
i have been accepted at nova too,i have mentioned this earlier,i was in florida at the time of application but later moved out. i know that smilee is not from florida,but from virginia.there were quite a lot of applicants from fl,but i don't think they put that much emphasis on fl residents otherwise neither smliee nor i would be in.....
they have as many as 8 to 10 seats,so i feel its deinitely worth a shot,it's a good school and relatively cheaper.....

Hi,
I enquired at UOP and they don't have any certificate program for International dentists. They have only one program(2 year) where they award DDS.

hi
iam not sure if university school of pacific with certification programme is same as uop !!but this is the tel no of school with certification programme
415-929-6688 u can call them up and find out the detailes

Yep,

I live nearby to the university. I called them up at the same number that you mentioned. The school is also the same (Univ of Pacific). She told me that she is working in that univ for quite some time and she does not know of any certificate program. It seems there is only one program for International dentists (2 year where they award DDS degree)

hi
last year i requested them an application and recieved one for the certification programme .it is called IDS programme
address
international dental studies
university of pacific school of dentistry
2155,webster street.room 409
sanfrancisco,CA94115
e mail [email protected]

hi all,
u guys have done gr8 and achieved fantastic scores....CuysONGRATZ.

there's one thing i'd like to know though---some have u appeared only for part 1 and have been accepted at universities......i was under the impression that u got to get through both the parts and only then can apply for the universities.....
in case u appear only for part 1 then do u have to pay more at the college or any other catch?
pls do clear this thing for me guys...

A

hi iamaj1

each schools requirements differ. u will have to check with the schools/their websites to see what they need. u can also have a look at the links of interest thread to see some stats on the schools.

btw does ur name mean ur on a J1?

Hi Folks,
The NEws is That I received an email from Nicole.....and my sister too received a phone call from her...
AND...I got accepted at BU for the batch of 2006
1219.gif