acceptances after not hearing back first week of Dec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the experience of being accepted after not hearing from schools the first week of Dec when most schools sent out acceptances? and how often would you say people get hear back/get acceptances after this week has passed?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had the experience of being accepted after not hearing from schools the first week of Dec when most schools sent out acceptances? and how often would you say people get hear back/get acceptances after this week has passed?
there's no way to know unless you give more of your app details
GPA, DAT, ECs
where did you apply, how many interviews, how many rejections, how many waitlists
did you apply last cycle, how many schools, interviews, rejections, waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, assuming you interviewed, many schools have multiple rounds of acceptances over the next coming months. I didn't hear anything from one of the schools I interviewed at, and so I had to end up calling them to find out that I was "Deferred" and will be in the running for the next round of acceptances.

I got in in January, and enrolled to the school. Currently just finishing my first semester of my 2nd year at said school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, would sending in additional letter of recs help during an academic update? I'm still working with a doctor as an assistant whom I didn't ask for a LOR yet.

Btw, Bigjt1420 how long did you wait after expected results were release did you end up calling them? I always thought I'd come off as needy if done too early

Also, would sending in additional letter of recs help during an academic update? I'm still working with a doctor as an assistant whom I didn't ask for a LOR yet.

Btw, Bigjt1420 how long did you wait after expected results were release did you end up calling them? I always thought I'd come off as needy if done too early
I called the day after Acceptance day, so I called December 2nd, 2017. I didn't care if I came off needy, I wanted to know my fate haha. A few weeks after I also sent in a Letter of Intent stating that if I were to get accepted, I was 100% going to go to the school no questions asked