Acceptances for Couples

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

averageguy12345

Reaction score
Hi everybody! My wife and I have been lucky enough to receive acceptances from two comparable medical schools. However, neither of us interviewed at the other's institution and we are sincerely hoping not to do long distance.

Is it possible to reach out to the admissions office of each school to ask whether we can be accepted together? I know this is a long shot - but we wanted to get SDN's thoughts on the matter.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Wouldn't hurt to ask but the chance of that happening is essentially 0.

Reactions: 1 users
Is either school still sending out interview invitations? If so, I suppose it wouldn't hurt sending an update letter mentioning that your spouse was accepted there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is either school still sending out interview invitations? If so, I suppose it wouldn't hurt sending an update letter mentioning that your spouse was accepted there.
Yes, but both of us have received pre-II R's for the respective schools. Would that impact our decision to reach out?

What might make more sense is to reach out to all the schools at which either of you has been accepted, and ask about the potential for transfer. One of you should then choose the school that is most likely to accept the other as a transfer.