Accepted; expedited decision request.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uflspartan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into a medical program. They have given me a 2 week period with which I am to make a decision. I have applied to other programs, and have completed their secondaries and awaiting to hear from them regarding the decision to grant an interview.

Is it entirely appropriate to request an expedited review of my application from the other programs? I am happy to attend the program I got into.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't know this was a thing. What school is it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna guess it's either Northstate or a DO school

Caribbean school. No early decision.

Stats, history, extracurriculars, goals?

Tell us these and we can help you make a decision. Though the Caribbean is not the optimal choice 99% of the time.

Reactions: 1 user
If you plan to have the ability to breathe and write cheques in a few months time I think you're okay to let this fantastic and not at all life ruining opportunity slip away for now.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted into a medical program. They have given me a 2 week period with which I am to make a decision. I have applied to other programs, and have completed their secondaries and awaiting to hear from them regarding the decision to grant an interview.

Is it entirely appropriate to request an expedited review of my application from the other programs? I am happy to attend the program I got into.

Thanks.
Do you have to send a downpayment to hold your spot? Is it refundable? If it's not, can you afford to "donate" it to the school if you get a viable offer from a US school?

US med schools all have their own internal schedules and are highly unlikely to expedite their review of your file based on your request.

I can totally see this as an attempt by the Carib school to poach stronger candidates by forcing a decision and forgoing the rest of your US apps in fear of having nowhere to go come August.

Stats as in metrics? 27 MCAT, 3.6 GPA. Extracurriculars include volunteering medical and nonmedical, research including 3 publications, and various shadowing. Goal is getting into trauma.

If you plan to have the ability to breathe and write cheques in a few months time I think you're okay to let this fantastic and not at all life ruining opportunity slip away for now.

How can you possibly say no to living on a beautiful resort island while studying for medical school with rotations in the US?? Just open up your checkbook now and start packing your bags. LMCE accredited med schools are for people who don't like to work hard and have fun like Caribbean students. /s

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats as in metrics? 27 MCAT, 3.6 GPA. Extracurriculars include volunteering medical and nonmedical, research including 3 publications, and various shadowing. Goal is getting into trauma.

You're a very strong candidate for DO schools and would be a viable candidate for MD schools if you retook the MCAT and scored >512

Drop that school.

Reactions: 2 users
You're a very strong candidate for DO schools and would be a viable candidate for MD schools if you retook the MCAT and scored >512

Drop that school.

I would have to wait until April 2016, and my current job is a one year contract.

Thanks.
Do not pay a deposit for a seat that will always be there!
You can get into a DO school with those stats this cycle.

No one is going to give you an expedited review; especially when it was requested because of a decision that calls your judgement into question.

Reactions: 4 users
Do not pay a deposit for a seat that will always be there!
You can get into a DO school with those stats this cycle.

No one is going to give you an expedited review; especially when it was requested because of a decision that calls your judgement into question.

Makes sense. I'll hold off on doing so then.

Thanks guys!

Don't go to the Island of Misfit Pre-Meds. You'll be $100k in debt with a useless degree that will prevent you from finding a job.

Reactions: 3 users