Accepted MCAT <30 Club :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

People who got accepted with MCAT 25-29 :luck: please post here your medical school and your score.

For 2007 applicants - good luck everyone!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

what about those who were accepted with an mcat <25?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything less than 30 counts:)

24 M

9VR, 8BS, 7PS

Univerisy of Mississippi Medical Center

28O... got into Creighton and University of Nebrask... will be attending creighton

28O... got into Creighton and University of Nebraska... will be attending creighton

Taty said:
Anything less than 30 counts:)

Lots of folks with 28-29 get in (by virtue of the average being 30, lots of people are coming in just shy of this). They are in very different standing than those with below 27. I would break this thread into sub categories because you will get a ton of posts from the higher two scores and very few below that.

Thank you :)

Group 25 - 27 please post :)

I got into my state school with a 29. It's doable but I knew I was borderline with my MCAT score. 30 is a nice 'round' number that people like to quote, but it's not a guarantee of a successful application. However, I think the above poster is correct that there's a huge difference in acceptance once you hit below 30. A 28 or 29 can be compensated by good GPA and/or EC etc. Once you hit 27 and below, it becomes noticeably harder to compensate. Exceptions exist, but your best bet is to retake if you are too many points away from 30.

Keep posting. I know some people in the real life not from SDN.

university of mississippi med center
9's across the board, O

took mcat again in august, was accepted before results came, made a 26P the second time. :D talk about beating the system...

femily said:
9's across the board, O

took mcat again in august, was accepted before results came, made a 26P the second time. :D talk about beating the system...

maybe they liked how your essay writing skills developed. :thumbup:

femily said:
9's across the board, O

I have nines too :)

I went from 6 in verbal to 9 :) (took damn thing 3 times to improve verbal) I think being non-native English speaker I am happy with my 9 :) I took Kaplan and was doing well there, but when I was taking a real thing I noticed that I was constantly running out of time. So I never got to the point of finishing my last 3 passages in each section (marking Cs always).

I just hope and pray... I dont want to take it 4th time....

DrVanNostran said:
Wow, the second person on that list got into UCSF, now that is bada$$ :thumbup:

There is hope!!!