Accepted Penn students, questions for you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulinPA

PennVet '11
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received anything beyond the acceptance letter? Didn't it say we would get another packet in approximately two weeks? I was the first interview group, sent my check in promptly, and now ... nothing. I lost my letter :( so I can't recall if it actually said another packet was on the way or not.

And, I know the dean told everyone not to fret about housing, but I can't help myself. Is anyone going to the housing fair in April?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed the first group, sent in my check promptly, and didn't hear anything yet either.

I called Mr. Keiter approximately 2 weeks ago to make sure my check was received. He told me they didn't have time to deposit the checks yet. So, I'm not really worried yet. Maybe call and check if they received it, just so you know they have it in safe hands. :)

The letter states "Additional information will be forwarded to you as the year progresses." I didn't receive any additional information yet. I will let you know when I do!

:)

I was in the last group and got a bunch of stuff about the accepted student forum website-- but when I signed in it looked like few people had been there. Did you guys that were accepted earlier get that as well? If not I can post the website address.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the last group and got a bunch of stuff about the accepted student forum website-- but when I signed in it looked like few people had been there. Did you guys that were accepted earlier get that as well? If not I can post the website address.

I didn't receive any information about the accepted student forum website.
Do you mind posting it or PMing it to me? THANKS!!!

For an update, my dad just called me and I just received a letter about doing the PennKey registration. I received it at my home address in Pennsylvania.
But that was all of the information I've received. The letter was only about the PennKey.

For an update, my dad just called me and I just received a letter about doing the PennKey registration. I received it at my home address in Pennsylvania.
But that was all of the information I've received. The letter was only about the PennKey.

in my letter of acceptance, it says that about 1-2 weeks after getting the check and new student data form, they will send you the info to register for PennKey. and you didnt get info on the forum? i did. if texlaevis doesnt get it to you soon, let me know and i'll send it to you. i don't have it with me right now though.

in my letter of acceptance, it says that about 1-2 weeks after getting the check and new student data form, they will send you the info to register for PennKey. and you didnt get info on the forum? i did. if texlaevis doesnt get it to you soon, let me know and i'll send it to you. i don't have it with me right now though.

yep, i sent in my acceptance stuff around the end of january, and just received the PennKey info. today. :)

Thanks spikey!! :)

Okay, will be looking for the PennKey stuff in the mail :) Our mail out here in the sticks is just awful!

Has anyone received anything beyond the acceptance letter? Didn't it say we would get another packet in approximately two weeks? I was the first interview group, sent my check in promptly, and now ... nothing. I lost my letter :( so I can't recall if it actually said another packet was on the way or not.

And, I know the dean told everyone not to fret about housing, but I can't help myself. Is anyone going to the housing fair in April?

i have to ask my dad for some of the deposit money and i'm putting that off as long as possible, heh :oops: . i know, i know, its important... i'm on it. so anyway, i haven't gotten any info on PennKey or student forums.

hopeful... it's never too early to think about housing! i have an interesting deal, and will be looking for at least one roommate come fall. its a free apartment, just a train ride (or bus ride) away from penn's campus. yes, there are a few animal-related catches, but its FREE. if anyone's interested, PM me!

Sorry, just curious but whats the catch? Babysitting 5 kids on nights and weekends or something? lol
lol

its "on call" hours for a very small, quiet small animal hospital. between the three roommates, we each take a few nights a week and do any medications needed after hours, lock up at night, unlock the door in the morning. and thats about it. it won't work if you can never be home, but for a poor vet student who will be (at least i know i will be) home often studying, its perfect! i've been here two years now, and i love it.

Ok Emio, I'm intrigued...I emailed you :)