Accepted Stats for Individual Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Optimistic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any stats (like the AAMC has for general matriculates) that tell you how many people matriculate based upon GPA and score for individual schools? I know the MSAR gives averages but it seems less than idea since they just give averages and those aren't even matriculates, just accepted people. I would like to see something like this grid for individual schools. I am sure there probably isn't something as clear as this, but if somebody knows of something similar please let me know.

(Especially interested in CA schools)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/msar.htm

There's also spreadsheets floating around online. They're not hard to find.

I have the MSAR but, as stated in my post, they just show school averages which IMO is not very helpful to the average applicant because these numbers can be inflated due to acceptances. Those accepted may not matriculate there so these numbers should be actually lower. If anyone can point me to these spreadsheets that are "not hard to find" I would be appreciative.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools usually have class stats on their websites with matriculant numbers, you can look into that.

I have the MSAR but, as stated in my post, they just show school averages which IMO is not very helpful to the average applicant because these numbers can be inflated due to acceptances. Those accepted may not matriculate there so these numbers should be actually lower. If anyone can point me to these spreadsheets that are "not hard to find" I would be appreciative.

Thanks

I mean, matriculated numbers are nice, but ultimately you need to be accepted in order to matriculate. I believe US News has some data on matriculated stats though, but it may only be available if you pay for a subscription.

In the spreadsheet that was taken down there were 10th and 90th percentiles for GPA and MCAT (for each school). I have looked through old MSAR's a couple of times but I don't remember seeing those stats. Are they in there?

I mean, matriculated numbers are nice, but ultimately you need to be accepted in order to matriculate. I believe US News has some data on matriculated stats though, but it may only be available if you pay for a subscription.

It only gives the average GPA and MCAT for each school, but IMO it is well worth the $14 subscription.

In the spreadsheet that was taken down there were 10th and 90th percentiles for GPA and MCAT (for each school). I have looked through old MSAR's a couple of times but I don't remember seeing those stats. Are they in there?

Those are in the MSAR. The gray bars on the MCAT/GPA stats indicate the 10%-90%.

Those are in the MSAR. The gray bars on the MCAT/GPA stats indicate the 10%-90%.

Very good point. I wish there was something that put those two stats together. For instance what a 3.5 GPA and a 38 MCAT or a 4.0 with a 29 MCAT like the AAMC does.

Very good point. I wish there was something that put those two stats together. For instance what a 3.5 GPA and a 38 MCAT or a 4.0 with a 29 MCAT like the AAMC does.

The spreadsheet does this... but you'll have to find a copy (v2.70 is the latest version). I can't help you there.