Accepted Students (c/o '21) What Are Your Summer Plans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be going to Rome, Venice, Milan, and Cinque Terre. I am so beyond excited! I am going with my boyfriend who has been there before and he loved Rome. It sounds like you have been there before? Where have you gone and any recommendations?
Oh so fun!!! Yes! I've been to Rome, Venice, and Milan! I've done a couple other places in Italy as well, but we haven't been to Cinque terre! I liked Rome the most, but it was the most crowded, but Venice and Milan were worth it as well!
 
Oh so fun!!! Yes! I've been to Rome, Venice, and Milan! I've done a couple other places in Italy as well, but we haven't been to Cinque terre! I liked Rome the most, but it was the most crowded, but Venice and Milan were worth it as well!
Sounds like you are well traveled! haha Are there any places that you recommend visiting within those areas?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be going to Rome, Venice, Milan, and Cinque Terre. I am so beyond excited! I am going with my boyfriend who has been there before and he loved Rome. It sounds like you have been there before? Where have you gone and any recommendations?
I am backpacking Italy and going to all these places (except Milan) and I'm really excited!! I'm also going to the amalfi coast and Capri. I can't wait!!
 
Sounds like you are well traveled! haha Are there any places that you recommend visiting within those areas?
You know, in general, pick a couple things you really want to see. Don't plan on being able to see everything, or you're gonna resent the trip towards the end. Take some time to enjoy yourself. Some of my favorite memories are eating crepes while strolling around Venice, or having a drink in a plaza in Rome!
 
I went to Maine and ate my weight in lobster for lobster fest. Do something fun that will sustain the first year of vet school with positive thoughts. I still have the rocks I picked out off the beach to bring a smile. And food pics obviously. lol

I got really excited and was like "oooh I should do that!" But... I'm really allergic to lobster so that wouldn't be the best. :laugh:
 
You know, in general, pick a couple things you really want to see. Don't plan on being able to see everything, or you're gonna resent the trip towards the end. Take some time to enjoy yourself. Some of my favorite memories are eating crepes while strolling around Venice, or having a drink in a plaza in Rome!
Thanks for the advice! That's what we are probably going to do. Find a couple of things we really want to see and just go with the flow the rest of the time.
 
I am backpacking Italy and going to all these places (except Milan) and I'm really excited!! I'm also going to the amalfi coast and Capri. I can't wait!!
That's so exciting!!!! I hope you have a great trip! It feels like it is so far away but so close at the same time. Just need to get through these last weeks of school. Anything you want to see in particular in Italy?
 
Europe travelers I recommend doing some research into free tours (like http://www.neweuropetours.eu/). They are generally really good, the tour guides work just for tips and you can pay whatever you feel comfortable paying at the end (including nothing, not recommended but part of the point of the program is to allow people to learn and tour on a budget). But because the guides work only for tips, they generally do a really good job and put a lot of effort into it.

I went to Amserdam, London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, and Copenhagen the summer before I started vet school so if you have any questions I'd be happy to chat about it! That trip was something I'll never forget or regret.
 
Europe travelers I recommend doing some research into free tours (like SANDEMANs NEW Europe Tours - FREE Walking Tours in 18 Cities). They are generally really good, the tour guides work just for tips and you can pay whatever you feel comfortable paying at the end (including nothing, not recommended but part of the point of the program is to allow people to learn and tour on a budget). But because the guides work only for tips, they generally do a really good job and put a lot of effort into it.

I went to Amserdam, London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, and Copenhagen the summer before I started vet school so if you have any questions I'd be happy to chat about it! That trip was something I'll never forget or regret.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look into the free tours! It sounds like you had a blast going to all of those places. I was reluctant to spend the money on the trip, but I think that it is totally going to be worth it!
 
Staying in the area where I attended college because I finally landed myself a job in a vets office that pays $13 an hour! I'm not too fond of the Dr. but its temporary, I get to leave in a few months haha. I have a serious boyfriend and we've been together for 6 years, so we need to find him a job where I end up and a cheap-o living situation for the next four years. But other then that I plan on going to the beach A LOT, reading all the books that are stacked up on my nightstand, getting caught up with all my Dr's visits, and taking care of my cats dental before I move. I would also like to get into better shape for wrestling cows and horses in vet school, but lets see if that happens 😛