Accepted to ASDOH!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrEcon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was shocked. Received a phone call today. Looks like ADSOH is making the first round of calls. This takes the stress out of Monday. Good luck to everybody.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the call too! I was completely surprised, I would have never guessed that they were going to make phone calls on a sat!

Congratulations everyone!
I received the letter in the mail about an hour before the phone call. Definitely made my weekend!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. H called me today and I missed the call!!!! I guess I have to wake up early and wait for him to call me back!!!

Congrats guys.

Good luck to the rest of us. :)

Dr. H called me today and I missed the call!!!! I guess I have to wake up early and wait for him to call me back!!!

I received the same same phone call from Dr. Tony H. He left a voice mail stating he will be contacting me back today. Should I start celebrating already? :D

i think ur good man, for those of us have not received the phone call i guess we have to wait till jan 14 :(

(deleted)

Last edited:
are they going to be calling tomorrow too or is this it?

I really hope they do....but I got a feeling we wont hear again till Jan man bc usually all acceptances are pronounced in the same day unless you could not be reach or whatever then they'll call you on monday but I didnt get any missed call :( did you?

did all of you guys get interviewed by Dr.H? let us know what he says when he calls you guys back

Members don't see this ad :)
I was not interviewed by Dr. H. He was there during the group presentation however. My phone call was short. He said that he was calling from AT Still and that a letter would be following shortly. I told him thank you and thanks for making my weekend and not waiting until Monday:soexcited:
I then looked at my phone and realized I received a call from a friend that received her call a little earlier. Rock on for CSU Sacramento!! At least two of us will be from SacTown.

Call came in at around 1:30ish

I didn't get interviewed by Dr. Hashemian and got a call from him yesterday. My parents are ecstatic but skeptical because the phone call was on a Saturday, haha. I'm a re-applicant so I am super stoked!

Perplexing situation. I wonder if they contacted all of the applicants that were/are accepted or just some of them. Also, for those that did not receive the beloved phone call does that mean we can expect or should expect a call on Monday one way or the other?

I would think they would call everyone at once, but who knows.

For those who Dr. H left a voicemail to, did he call back today?

I'm pretty positive they would only call if you were accepted. The denials probably only go out through snail mail. I don't know why anyone would want to personally call an applicant to tell them they're rejected. What a sad job!

Anyway, I also want to know if they will be calling more people on Monday. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would be nice to know if they're done for a little bit or if they're still sending out acceptances.

Perplexing situation. I wonder if they contacted all of the applicants that were/are accepted or just some of them. Also, for those that did not receive the beloved phone call does that mean we can expect or should expect a call on Monday one way or the other?

Anyway, I also want to know if they will be calling more people on Monday. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would be nice to know if they're done for a little bit or if they're still sending out acceptances.

Same here:bang:

To those who received your acceptance phone calls... around what time did they call??

Just wanna know the time difference between calls and the spread so I can gauge how long they were calling people for....= approximate about how many ppl they called = chances they'll call more ppl tomorrow............... if that makes sense.

ugh! :scared::scared::scared:

for those who had a voicemail left for them, do you have generic voicemail greetings, or do you have one that states your name?

also, for those that had a voicemail left for them, did they try both your home and cellphone number?

I would think they would call everyone at once, but who knows.

For those who Dr. H left a voicemail to, did he call back today?

Ya he left me one yesterday and he didn't call again today. I thin we are safe to say we are in, but I won't be jumping up and down until I hear it from him!

Ya he left me one yesterday and he didn't call again today. I thin we are safe to say we are in, but I won't be jumping up and down until I hear it from him!

Ya he didn't call me back today either but I'm not telling my family until I know for sure!

Your in! he won't call you back, at the interview, they said would leave u a msg to call them back. But your definitely in! congrats! and I think they gave out all their acceptances until January. :(

Ya he didn't call me back today either but I'm not telling my family until I know for sure!

i think ur good man, for those of us have not received the phone call i guess we have to wait till jan 14 :(

ASDOH only gives you 30 days for December 1 acceptances instead of the 45 days like other schools so they might send out more at the beginning of January. In the past they filled about 2/3 of there class from pre-December interviews so they'll still have spots available.

quattro congratulations again, you deserve it!

http://webbdental.blogspot.com/search/label/ASDOH
Just found this blog. Looks like it is very helpful for some first time questions.
Can't wait again. Congratulations to everyone that got the call or letter and good luck to those still anxiously waiting.

I found the same blog when i was searching for ASDOH info. Looks like Orientation is in July... We could be moving to AZ in 7 months!!!

Still waiting... Has anyone called to find out if they are sending out any more acceptances?

Yes. Nan said that if you haven't received a call at this point then you were not selected among the first grounp of acceptances.

I got a voicemail from Dr. H on Saturday and said he'll call me back. He called back today around 1PM!

Hope this helps!

Anyone know if they inform people if they are waitlisted?

I interviewed in November and got a letter in the mail saying I'm still being considered. I also got a letter from Buffalo a while back saying I'm being put on continuing review. Many have commented that being put on continuing review is pretty much an eventual rejection. Do you think the same applies for ASDOH?

anymore news?

I interviewed in November and got a letter in the mail saying I'm still being considered. I also got a letter from Buffalo a while back saying I'm being put on continuing review. Many have commented that being put on continuing review is pretty much an eventual rejection. Do you think the same applies for ASDOH?

Many schools post interview will notify applicants that they will continue to consider while sending others letters saying that they are no longer being considered. I dont think this letter implies rejection.

At my interview, I remember Joyce saying that we could send an email to ASDOH if we had been accepted to a different school (nothing from ASDOH) and wanted to find out something about our standing. So, I sent an email on Friday. Does anyone know how long it should take to hear anything, or what kind of response I should even expect?

junebride08 please let us know what you find out as I know I am interested in knowing if I should send a similar email. I remember her telling my group that you should contact her if your first choice is ASDOH and you wanted to know your status. They usually dont give out status information but if you have other acceptances but want to go to ASDOH then they would try to help you out. I hope you hear something back soon!

At my interview, I remember Joyce saying that we could send an email to ASDOH if we had been accepted to a different school (nothing from ASDOH) and wanted to find out something about our standing. So, I sent an email on Friday. Does anyone know how long it should take to hear anything, or what kind of response I should even expect?

I would think that you'd be better off calling her.

I would think that you'd be better off calling her.

I actually called Nan before I sent the email, and she gave me the same instructions. I don't think I should call them again until at least a week after I sent the email. I don't want to be a pest! :)

junebride08 please let us know what you find out as I know I am interested in knowing if I should send a similar email. I remember her telling my group that you should contact her if your first choice is ASDOH and you wanted to know your status. They usually dont give out status information but if you have other acceptances but want to go to ASDOH then they would try to help you out. I hope you hear something back soon!

Will do!

And I checked your Predents profile - I think we interviewed at ASDOH on the same day! I hope that we both find out something good in the next couple of weeks.

junebride08 any news?

Still waiting... Will call on Friday if I don't hear anything by then.

^^ Dr. Haynie told us "don't call us, we'll call u"

so i wouldn't, unless ur debating between a few schools that offered acceptances...

^^ Dr. Haynie told us "don't call us, we'll call u"

so i wouldn't, unless ur debating between a few schools that offered acceptances...

That's actually the boat that I'm in - I have acceptances from two schools, and I have to decide by the beginning of January. I really don't have that much time! :(

I emailed Joyce last week to ask about my status at ASDOH due to recieving a scholarship at another school. I have to let the other school know by the 18th. She sent me an email today stating that the committee will not be able to make a decision on my file by the 18th. I am not sure if that goes for everyone or just me. Hope this helps.

Dec. 18?

I emailed Joyce last week to ask about my status at ASDOH due to recieving a scholarship at another school. I have to let the other school know by the 18th. She sent me an email today stating that the committee will not be able to make a decision on my file by the 18th. I am not sure if that goes for everyone or just me. Hope this helps.