Accepted to Duquesne - should I go?

Started by j826SF
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

j826SF

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was recently accepted to Duquesne's PostBacc program and am deciding if I should attend this fall (06). I've found very little on this forum about Duquesne (negative or positive) and am desperately hoping someone, anyone , can help me out. I know it's a small program but I'm sure someone knows someone who went there. Thanks so much! 😕
 
...I'm considering applying to the Duquesne post-bacc program next year. What is your background, and what was the process of getting accepted to Duquesne like? Was there an interview?
 
jmitch03 said:
...I'm considering applying to the Duquesne post-bacc program next year. What is your background, and what was the process of getting accepted to Duquesne like? Was there an interview?

I have my BA from UC Santa Cruz, graduated on '04. I majored in Community Studies (vague, I know), focus on Women's Health Activism. So while my undergrad had something to do with health/healthcare it was purely from a humanities perspective -- I haven't taken a science class since high school. I had an 'interview' @ Duq but it was pretty much a "getting to know you"/advisory session. I definetly overly prepared and stressed myself out about it -- which was not necessary. I got a really good feeling from the advisors I spoke to -- they were really accessible, encouraging (yet honest), and informative. As far as my decision making quandary goes, I'm just being indesicive.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are your other options? Have you been accepted to other programs? The Duquesne web site seems to indicate a well developed formal program, and acceptances to a variety of medical schools, but not much in the way of statistics (% acceptances, etc.) And, not many postings here. Has anyone on this forum been through the program and accepted to med school?