accepted to LECOM, but missing a requirement they never told me i was missing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tricia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got accepted to LECOM Bradenton and I just noticed that I dont think I have the 6 credits of English they require.

I was never told I was missing this from my application, and I was already accepted, so I'm not sure what I should do. Should i just hope that they passed over it, or should I ask them and hope I can take the course in the summer semester, even though it says on their website that all coursework must be completed by the end of the spring sememster? I'm really scared that I'm going to not be able to go to pharmacy school because of an english course, even though i could take it in the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

You should definitely contact them. Bradenton is a 4-year program, so they might allow you to take the course in the summer if not, why don't you find a QUARTER system school and take it for Spring Quarter. For the Erie campus, I know everything has to be done by Spring, but for the other campus...I am not sure.

I can't stand it when the schools don't inform you with things. Yes they should expect us to be old enough and capable enough to know these types of things and keep track of them. Still, the least they can do is just email or mail updates. Like an automative system or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't stand it when the schools don't inform you with things. Yes they should expect us to be old enough and capable enough to know these types of things and keep track of them. Still, the least they can do is just email or mail updates. Like an automative system or something.

well they notified me when i didnt have the required LOR's, so i figured they'd let me know if i was missing a class as well.

I recently got accepted to LECOM Bradenton and I just noticed that I dont think I have the 6 credits of English they require.

I was never told I was missing this from my application, and I was already accepted, so I'm not sure what I should do. Should i just hope that they passed over it, or should I ask them and hope I can take the course in the summer semester, even though it says on their website that all coursework must be completed by the end of the spring sememster? I'm really scared that I'm going to not be able to go to pharmacy school because of an english course, even though i could take it in the summer.

You should contact the school. But, I think if your prerequisite is not met, they were supposed to send something to you before interview. Last year, they sent me a email saying that I still needed to complete Calculus and physics II course even though I was talking these classes at that semester.
Contact them as soon as you can.

well they notified me when i didnt have the required LOR's, so i figured they'd let me know if i was missing a class as well.

Yeah but that letter is the same dumb general letter everyone gets, even if you aren't missing them. I have gotten an update where I was missing something and had it done. They need a better system regardless.

You should definitely contact them. Bradenton is a 4-year program, so they might allow you to take the course in the summer if not, why don't you find a QUARTER system school and take it for Spring Quarter. For the Erie campus, I know everything has to be done by Spring, but for the other campus...I am not sure.

i dont know of any quarter system schools. do you know of a way i can find one in my area or one anywhere that may have online classes?

It's possible that they counted another class towards your English credits. They counted one of my other classes (I think maybe a religion course) as a writing course, so it's possible that perhaps you had a course that fulfilled their requirements. I would call and ask to be sure.

It's possible that they counted another class towards your English credits. They counted one of my other classes (I think maybe a religion course) as an writing course, so it's possible that perhaps you had a course that fullfilled their requirements. I would call and ask to be sure.

Actually, I did have a class called Writing for Agriculture, so maybe they counted that as an English course. I hope so. Thanks!

i dont know of any quarter system schools. do you know of a way i can find one in my area or one anywhere that may have online classes?

www.cscc.edu and they have a lot of online courses. Spring quarter starts on March 26th. Plenty of time. Don't worry. If you ask them about your Agriculture class, have it in writing, like an email or something.

I just got my acceptance letter for LECOM Bradenton on Friday. In the letter it states I need to take Biology 4 credits before June 1, 2007. I love how they're notifying me now. I have IB credit for Biology 1, but I heard if you've taken classes beyond what you got credit for it doesn't matter. I've taken Bio 2, Biochem and Microbio. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out whats going on.

Your microbio credits should count

Does anybody know the outcome of this issue? I'm also missing Economics.

Have you guys not seen the portal? They have a list of requirements and if you are missing some it will show up at the top with a little minus sign. That's how mine was with English since they don't take AP classes. I now have to take it over the summer (which is lovely since I am not even "accepted" yet). I hate all of the different requirements! But if you don't know where to go on the portal just ask Jackie, she'll know.

Have you guys not seen the portal? They have a list of requirements and if you are missing some it will show up at the top with a little minus sign. That's how mine was with English since they don't take AP classes. I now have to take it over the summer (which is lovely since I am not even "accepted" yet). I hate all of the different requirements! But if you don't know where to go on the portal just ask Jackie, she'll know.

I'm officially accepted. Good luck! don't give up, and I'll see you there in the Fall.:highfive:

I have this same problem with the university I want to go to. I took Communications instead of English because they are equivalant at my university. The other schools sent me emails before looking at my file to inform me that I needed english. I emailed them the course descriptions and all three accepted the credits. No word from this school so I assumed they took it too. I get accepted and they tell me I need these credits and they wont take the communications credits. Arg.

I definitely do not want to take 2 freshman english courses over the summer!

I am having a similar problem with one of the schools I applied to. I was informed that my application was ineligible because I only had 3 out of the 6 required English credits. I am taking a Canadian Lit course now and had intended to use my AP English credit as the other 3 credits. It never even occurred to me that this school didn't approve AP credit because my current school, where I am taking my undergrad, gives me three credits for it. Both of of the other pharm schools I am applying at give credit as well. One of them even gives a full 6 credits for it so obviously I am not very pleased with the whole ordeal.

I'm in the process of trying to appeal their decision not to accept this credit or get them to count my philosophy or another writing intensive course instead because I think it is ridiculous and it is way too late in the game to register and complete another English course before the transcript deadline.