grades required for me to be accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killsham

Reaction score
Hello, I am in my last year of college.

I got a C- in physics, the only pre-req that I got this low grade on, everything else has been above a C-.

Will this grade for physics mess up my chances of getting in?

( if it matters, I've done volunteer work at hospitals, shadowing, gonna do pharmacy tech, and was apart of e-boards and clubs in college like American Chemical Society)

thanks, so the question is what are my chances for getting accepted into pharmacy school

Members don't see this ad.

Don't do it. The negative job growth with declining hours and pay is very, very real. Schools are accepting 2.7 GPAs with no PCAT, what does that tell you?
If you seriously are considering it, try working as a retail pharmacy tech to get a feel for the industry (as this is where the bulk of the jobs are). You will meet plenty of struggling pharm school grads...aka floaters

I got a C- in physics, the only pre-req that I got this low grade on, everything else has been above a C-.

( if it matters, I've done volunteer work at hospitals, shadowing, gonna do pharmacy tech, and was apart of e-boards and clubs in college like American Chemical Society)

thanks, so the question is what are my chances for getting accepted into pharmacy school

C- is not passing and many programs have a cut-off score of C. PharmCAS will kick back your required course and not allow it to be computed as part of your transcript for school submission. If you wish for further considerations you'll need to reach out to specific programs that do not utilize the PharmCAS-submission system (very few if any) and see what their site says for cut-off scores.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Does it say in your transcript that it is a C- or it is just a C? Also, reach out to the school that you want to apply for and ask them if they are ok with your grade. Also, tell them about your stats and that you did a lot of extracurricular activities. Good luck!

There are plenty of schools that will gladly take your $200,000. They are desperate to fill seats. Ask yourself why?

unless you can go to a top program, don't do pharm.

There's no such thing as a top pharmacy program. Employers don't care which school you go to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Before when pharmacy schools cared about the quality of students, you probably didn't have a good chance but now that all they care about is your money and the fact that you're breathing, you should have no problem of getting accepted to any pharmacy school of your choosing.

Most school are struggling to fill seats. Meaning you're WAY more important to them they are to you. Basically, they need to enroll you to keep their payroll.... sad but undeniably true.

You can get in with any grades nowadays. The real hard part is finding a job after you graduate with $200k+ in loans.

There are other professions, i.e. computer programming, engineering, finance, etc. that are in high demand, pay as well as pharmacy if not better, are far more fulfilling and less stressful, and do not require you to take out an additional $200k+ in loans and spend another 4 years of your life in school.