Accepted to medical school, now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phange

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I paid my deposit and they have all the required documentation. There's a "second look" day in April but until then it seems like there's not much I can do. I filled out my FAFSA but the financial aid office said they can't really help me until they compile information in April.

What am I supposed to do at this point?

Thanks so much for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Shots shots shots shots shots shots

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty sure I got all my vaccinations (assuming you're not referring to the beverage :) ) when I did my Master's at the same university.

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid my deposit and they have all the required documentation. There's a "second look" day in April but until then it seems like there's not much I can do. I filled out my FAFSA but the financial aid office said they can't really help me until they compile information in April.

Chill. :cool:

Kick back, get straight B's your last semester, sleep alot, drink even more :D

I feel like I should be filing for scholarships, but I can't because I don't have the proof of enrollment (probably won't happen until August :mad:). Just have my admissions letter.

The lack of info is killin' me, bro! :scared:

For some reason I keep thinking they'll call me up and say "hey X was missing and you're no longer admitted" or "you were supposed to do X by now and you didn't, sorry!" or somethin'.

I suppose everyone's gone through this. There's a surprising lack of information after you've been admitted, especially if it's in March or prior. I know they don't even finalize the waitlist until April so maybe that's the reason.

hahahaha that is hilarious. Props to you for that response.

--Typical Phange pregame--
Friend: "SHOTS?!?"
Phange: "Nah dude, I'm fully immunized!"

But yeah, are you looking for advice about fin aid specifically? Or just general "what should I do now?" type stuff? I just got accepted too... I've been browsing SDN, checking out the curriculum at my school, and generally preparing myself for the onslaught. And just trying to have as much fun as possible, because it's going to be intense when we get started.

Kick back, get straight B's your last semester, sleep alot, drink even more :D

Well, I'm actually a graduate. Post-grad, even. Got my MPH a year ago. So basically "don't lose your job until August" eh? :laugh:

hahahaha that is hilarious. Props to you for that response.

--Typical Phange pregame--
Friend: "SHOTS?!?"
Phange: "Nah dude, I'm fully immunized!"

But yeah, are you looking for advice about fin aid specifically? Or just general "what should I do now?" type stuff? I just got accepted too... I've been browsing SDN, checking out the curriculum at my school, and generally preparing myself for the onslaught. And just trying to have as much fun as possible, because it's going to be intense when we get started.

Financial aid advice would be great, but literally the only thing I've heard is "file your FAFSA". Seriously, is that it? Does the school just come to you with a bunch of offers? For some reason I thought financial aid stuff was in our hands, not theirs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure I got all my vaccinations when I did my Master's at the same university.
Besides a recent two-step TB skin test, a lot of med schools require titers not needed for grad school. For some it's a lot of titers. Probably Hep B and chickenpox, possibly measles, mumps, rubella. If the titers aren't positive, you'll need booster vaccines.

A good thing to know is that sometimes you can get this done cheaper at the local public health department than your school health service, if your insurance doesn't cover it.

Considering I work for my local health dept, that wont be an inconvenience. As for Pokemon Black, getting it with my 3ds on Sunday

Buy a sweatshirt and a bumper sticker from the bookstore!! And make sure they both say "medical" ;)

Buddha. I repeat Buddha. Calm down. You are making medical students look bad and that is hard to do. I am going to turn on my television and watch a basketball game.

Besides a recent two-step TB skin test, a lot of med schools require titers not needed for grad school. For some it's a lot of titers. Probably Hep B and chickenpox, possibly measles, mumps, rubella. If the titers aren't positive, you'll need booster vaccines.

A good thing to know is that sometimes you can get this done cheaper at the local public health department than your school health service, if your insurance doesn't cover it.

Lol, it seems the Lil Jon reference was lost upon the OP and our beloved Catalystik :)

Totally choosing Tepig, by the way. I've already envisioned my early team: Tepig, Emolga, Roggenrola, some other dudes. :thumbup:

Party like its 1989. Purchase an orange blazer, get a perm/mullet/mullet-perm, and drink some Tab + Vodka.

now turn down all offers you get, then prepare a resume for McDonalds, then begin working and live a happy wonderful rest of your life :troll:

Oh, you know....

[youtube]XvDZuptvupk[/youtube]

I just got into med school today, the only school I still had a chance at now and I thought my interview went HORRIBLE so I was preparing to apply again next year (soon working at Hospice, hospital ER, shadowing, more research)...now I got in surprisingly, and I have no idea what to do anymore because all I could do before today was worry. Know exactly what you mean dude! What the F to do????

I just got into med school today, the only school I still had a chance at now and I thought my interview went HORRIBLE so I was preparing to apply again next year (soon working at Hospice, hospital ER, shadowing, more research)...now I got in surprisingly, and I have no idea what to do anymore because all I could do before today was worry. Know exactly what you mean dude! What the F to do????

You got into Miller. I'm super jelly...