There are a couple of folks in my class that are transferring but a lot more that applied to and didn't get in. I actually got accepted to ISU as a transfer as well as did two others in my class (I heard ISU accepted a total of three transfer students). LSU accepted one transfer this year (no one from Ross), OKSU accepted one (a classmate of mine but he turned them down for ISU and the replacement transfer is not from Ross), KSU and Oregon had no open spots, I still haven't heard from UGA and WSU yet (I heard that UGA had two spots), a classmate of mine is going to Illinois and another classmate of mine also got accepted to Tufts. So, it is not easy. I spent all spring break doing applications - essays, transcripts, recomenndations, that whole nine yards. But what it came down to, I am not sure. Grades, absolutely. But for Tufts specifically, I am pretty sure that it extended beyond grades. I don't know. But for every school, if there are no spaces open, then there is no consideration anyway. So I guess I would have to say LUCK is how I managed to pull it off

.
A quick note for other Caribbean students who are coming here with the intent to transfer... please don't
expect to or you will be extremely disappointed if you don't get in. I have classmates who expected to transfer after a year and have lived here with that attitude and now they are even more unhappy. I knew I was going to apply but I knew the chances were slim so I didn't really plan on it. Granted, it is now harder for me to sell all my stuff but I would rather have that problem than be doubly-miserable here for another year plus.
Ok, one more time...did I mention how ECSTATIC I am??!!