You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Acceptees: What grade did YOU earn in Organic Chemistry?
Started by BigRedMPH
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Quarter system, B+, B+, B+
Labs: A
Labs: A
All A's. Late applicant but I already have an acceptance and several interviews on the way. I don't think it's a determinant for success more than any other BCPM class though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B+ both semesters.
Honestly, I just don't buy that perfect grades are as big a deal as people often make it out to be. I have B+ grades in more than half of my med school prereqs and have had, at least by my standards, a pretty great cycle. However, with the exception of one B, all but one of my grades were B+ or higher. I'd imagine that consistency in grades counts for quite a bit.
Honestly, I just don't buy that perfect grades are as big a deal as people often make it out to be. I have B+ grades in more than half of my med school prereqs and have had, at least by my standards, a pretty great cycle. However, with the exception of one B, all but one of my grades were B+ or higher. I'd imagine that consistency in grades counts for quite a bit.
Seconding this grade combo, except my 2 lab grades were As.2 acceptances, B- first semester, C+ second, A- in lab. Pretty sure getting an A in orgo is not the route to a med school acceptance...
I got 7 invites, 5 acceptances out of 10 places I applied to. I assure you, my Ochem grades may have been the lowest of my entire transcript but they were not responsible for any of my rejections.
A's in both lecture and labs.
.
Last edited:
Bet your resume is amazing!2 acceptances, B- first semester, C+ second, A- in lab. Pretty sure getting an A in orgo is not the route to a med school acceptance...
.
all A's
Now, take the entire year of OChem and stuff it into, uh, 3 weeks. That's roughly the pace you'll need to adjust to.
Now, take the entire year of OChem and stuff it into, uh, 3 weeks. That's roughly the pace you'll need to adjust to.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Org I: A
Org II: A+
Org Lab: A+
Acing organic doesn't mean you'll cruise into med school. Source: I'm a reapplicant.
Org II: A+
Org Lab: A+
Acing organic doesn't mean you'll cruise into med school. Source: I'm a reapplicant.
Ochem 1 - A
Ochem 1Lab - A
Ochem 2 - A
Ochem 2Lab - A
Biochem 1 - A
Biochem 2 - A
Genetics - A
... I received one B in my undergraduate academic career.
MCAT - 37
And I'm just a humble Caucasian guy.
Had interviews at seven different schools. Harvard, Emory, Baylor, UW, UC Davis, UofColorado, and MCV. I was accepted to five of them. Finally settled on MCV. The price was right. If you're a good student and sincerely love medicine you'll be an excellent physician no matter where you attend.
Make sure you're going into medicine for the correct reasons. If this is just a paycheck to you then please do us all a favor and quit now because you won't last.
Ochem 1Lab - A
Ochem 2 - A
Ochem 2Lab - A
Biochem 1 - A
Biochem 2 - A
Genetics - A
... I received one B in my undergraduate academic career.
MCAT - 37
And I'm just a humble Caucasian guy.
Had interviews at seven different schools. Harvard, Emory, Baylor, UW, UC Davis, UofColorado, and MCV. I was accepted to five of them. Finally settled on MCV. The price was right. If you're a good student and sincerely love medicine you'll be an excellent physician no matter where you attend.
Make sure you're going into medicine for the correct reasons. If this is just a paycheck to you then please do us all a favor and quit now because you won't last.
Last edited:
.
username checks outOchem 1 - A
Ochem 1Lab - A
Ochem 2 - A
Ochem 2Lab - A
Biochem 1 - A
Biochem 2 - A
Genetics - A
... I received one B in my undergraduate academic career.
MCAT - 37
Had interviews at seven different schools. Harvard, Emory, Baylor, UW, UC Davis, UofColorado, and MCV. I was accepted to five of them. Finally settled on MCV. The price was right. If you're a good student and sincerely love medicine you'll be an excellent physician no matter where you attend.
Make sure you going into medicine for the correct reasons. If this is just a paycheck to you then please do us all a favor and quit now because you won't last.
Ochem 1 - A
Ochem 1Lab - A
Ochem 2 - A
Ochem 2Lab - A
Biochem 1 - A
Biochem 2 - A
Genetics - A
... I received one B in my undergraduate academic career.
MCAT - 37
Had interviews at seven different schools. Harvard, Emory, Baylor, UW, UC Davis, UofColorado, and MCV. I was accepted to five of them. Finally settled on MCV. The price was right. If you're a good student and sincerely love medicine you'll be an excellent physician no matter where you attend.
Make sure you going into medicine for the correct reasons. If this is just a paycheck to you then please do us all a favor and quit now because you won't last.
Did you really just necrobump a 4 year old thread just to post your A's in Orgo? Lmao
Best humble brag I've ever seenDid you really just necrobump a 4 year old thread just to post your A's in Orgo? Lmao
Kid is definitely Harvard materialDid you really just necrobump a 4 year old thread just to post your A's in Orgo? Lmao
I think those that get A's in Physics deserve all the creddd :/
Edit: This thread has been repeatedly re-activated since '07 geesh
Edit: This thread has been repeatedly re-activated since '07 geesh
Not just to post his orgo grades...also to inform us of his numerous acceptances!
But seriously @OChemSlayer, we just love to tease. Congrats on your cycle and welcome to SDN!
But seriously @OChemSlayer, we just love to tease. Congrats on your cycle and welcome to SDN!
Did you really just necrobump a 4 year old thread just to post your A's in Orgo? Lmao
Not just to post his orgo grades...also to inform us of his numerous acceptances!
But seriously @OChemSlayer, we just love to tease. Congrats on your cycle and welcome to SDN!
"And I'm just a humble Caucasian guy."
Not just to post his orgo grades...also to inform us of his numerous acceptances!
But seriously @OChemSlayer, we just love to tease. Congrats on your cycle and welcome to SDN!
LOL! I just discovered this site literally like 30 minutes ago. I'm a career changer now M4 and have an afternoon off for some magical reason. I logged in and this thread was the one listed on top so I replied to it. I didn't realize this was such an old thread. That does make me look like quite a pompous egocentric narcissist. I was trying to add to the conversation. Please accept my humble apology! I promise I'm not like that at all!
I want anyone that feels not good enough or not smart enough to know that they have a chance to follow their dream of becoming a physician. I HATED my first career. Being a coder was awful. It sucked the life from my bones and filled me with dread every single day. Being able to do this stuff now... to feel empowered... I want everyone to feel that way. Dreams are attainable!
No worries! I think most people mess up their first few posts on SDN and end up posting something off color and/or in the wrong forum, haha. I'm glad you're so happy with your decision to switch careers, that's awesome!
LOL! I just discovered this site literally like 30 minutes ago. I'm a career changer now M4 and have an afternoon off for some magical reason. I logged in and this thread was the one listed on top so I replied to it. I didn't realize this was such an old thread. That does make me look like quite a pompous egocentric narcissist. I was trying to add to the conversation. Please accept my humble apology! I promise I'm not like that at all!
I want anyone that feels not good enough or not smart enough to know that they have a chance to follow their dream of becoming a physician. I HATED my first career. Being a coder was awful. It sucked the life from my bones and filled me with dread every single day. Being able to do this stuff now... to feel empowered... I want everyone to feel that way. Dreams are attainable!
A, A, A, A
No acceptances
No acceptances
Every time it works 60% of the time. I did get an A in Music Appreciation, and still no word from Harvard.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Necrobump
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K