Accidentally clicked on 2021 AMCAS Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColdBrewChomps

Reaction score
I am an applicant in the 2020 application cycle who has received admission and matriculating to medical school this fall. As I went on AMCAS, I accidentally clicked on "2021 Application Cycle", however, I was trying to click on "2020 Application Cycle" to access the Choose Your Medical School Tool.

I received the "Welcome to the 2021 AMCAS Application" email, however, this does not apply to me. I just wanted to make sure that by accidentally clicking on the "2021 Application Cycle", and therefore receiving the email, it no way affects my current acceptance correct?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m pretty sure setting up a new application means absolutely nothing until you submit it, so I wouldn’t worry about this

Reactions: 1 user
Hahahaha I did the same thing and got a startling “as a reapplication, blah blah blah” email. I don’t think it matters if we don’t submit anything

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is why the numbers are so high lol. People at home clicking a button because they have nothing better to do. I did the same thing as well.

Reactions: 1 users
hahah thank you guys! also I just called to confirm and they said it won't matter as long as you don't submit

Did the same thing. Is it even possible to submit without selecting schools and paying?

Sorry @Goro I’m stealing one my favorite responses of yours, it applies too well here.

OP, take one of these

1589325112378.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users