Accidentally Submitted the Wrong Photo with My App, Haha?

Started by NNukibw77
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NNukibw77

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I started a secondary a while ago, and had noted down that there were no essays for it. When I went back to the secondary to finish it, there was a short information page and a submit button. A little confused (and tired from doing apps all day), and was like "hell yeah" and submitted. Then I get a page with a long application that I had filled out a month ago, and a "passport size photo" attached at the top.

Problem: the photo is me with a backwards hat on, an obnoxious t-shirt, and leaning against a very identifiable monument.

Chances they think:

A) I'm an arrogant prick
B) I'm a baller
C) Nothing of it
 
I think it's just a crapshoot. Just pray they have a sense of humor after seeing so many graduation photos/suit photos that they then come across a "ballin'" photo. I think I'd laugh out loud if I were on the admissions committee and that came in. Hopefully they find it "genuine and refreshing"?
 
So I started a secondary a while ago, and had noted down that there were no essays for it. When I went back to the secondary to finish it, there was a short information page and a submit button. A little confused (and tired from doing apps all day), and was like "hell yeah" and submitted. Then I get a page with a long application that I had filled out a month ago, and a "passport size photo" attached at the top.

Problem: the photo is me with a backwards hat on, an obnoxious t-shirt, and leaning against a very identifiable monument.

Chances they think:

A) I'm an arrogant prick
B) I'm a baller
C) Nothing of it

D) you're a tool for wearing a backwards hat. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While it's obviously not ideal, I've heard some adcoms mention that they are kind of tired of people sending the exact same photos in. Girls with pearls, guys with big cheesy smiles. Same exact poses, just different people.

They might very well like it.
 
At least it wasn't some private photo just for your girl/boyfriend.... Still, funny story. Hopefully, they'll laugh and want to meet you in person.
 
I accidentally uploaded the wrong picture, too. The picture that was uploaded was a pic I took in front of the Nile River in Uganda. It definitely wasn't a 2 x 2 but I think it was a nice picture with a nice view!
 
So I started a secondary a while ago, and had noted down that there were no essays for it. When I went back to the secondary to finish it, there was a short information page and a submit button. A little confused (and tired from doing apps all day), and was like "hell yeah" and submitted. Then I get a page with a long application that I had filled out a month ago, and a "passport size photo" attached at the top.

Problem: the photo is me with a backwards hat on, an obnoxious t-shirt, and leaning against a very identifiable monument.

Chances they think:

A) I'm an arrogant prick
B) I'm a baller
C) Nothing of it

i hope you realize it could've been worse!! haha and i would hope that adcoms would find it refreshing. if your stats/app are good, i dont see why theyd reject u just based on the photo - so relax!