Accomas won't count my course as a repeat?

Started by nsicuRN
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nsicuRN

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I initially called accomas before retaking organic chemistry at a community college. They simple stated that the course has to be greater or equal in credits and similar description. I took both organic 2 lecture and lab over the summer. I received a B + in the lecture and an A in the lab. The initial class i took combined both lecture and lab for a total of 4 credit. The class i took over the summer was worth a total of 5 credits but it was 2 classes. I learned that Accomas won't count that as a repeat because i did not get the same grade in both lecture and lab. Now it is considered an additional class. They said they will count it as a repeat if i can convince the school to make both the lecture and lab one course on my transcript. I am so frustrated because the first time i took orgo 2 i got a D. If that class was considered a repeat my science GPA would be over a 3.0 with a cgpa of 3.48.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone else gone through this.