"Ace Test Prep" for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

To be MD

Med School Or Bust
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So... this topic has been posted about once before, but there were no replies last time. I'm back at it.

Has anyone heard of / taken / or know ANYONE who has had any experience with "Ace Test Prep" for the MCAT. Their website doesn't look too professional or legitimate, so I'm a bit nervous to sign up... However, their deal of all of the below for $399 doesn't sound too bad.

• All 8 AAMC Tests (Value $245; www.e-mcat.com)
  • Kaplan MCAT Premier Textbook (Value $120; www.amazon.com)
  • 40+ hours of online lectures (Value $300; rates vary by provider)
  • ACE Practice Tests (Value $25)
  • ACE Formula Sheet, Study Guide, and Workbook (Value $25)
  • 13 full-length tests (11 are CBT) plus additional practice questions totaling 4000+ questions
  • 12 week study schedule that can be adjusted to your specific time frame
  • Lecture on med school admissions by former admissions committee physician
  • Online tutoring on approach to MCAT problems
  • All of the strategies you need for the Verbal Reasoning and Writing Sample

Is this website just a big sham or is it actually a cheap and useful prep course? Thanks SDN :D

Members don't see this ad.

haven't heard of it, so don't know about the quality of their other material. look at this this way: I probably wouldn't spend 155 for material I haven't heard much about. There are better resources than kaplan premier+I would just buy it used or borrow from a library for a lot less. for study schedules/advice, I would just look on sdn. the money would probably be better spent on a tbr or tpr set.