ACGME accredited programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afozengaron

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time poster here :clap:

Im an ENT resident in Israel, my wife is american so Im planning to apply for a green card and a fellowship in the US, with the possibility of staying as an attending (I've heard mixed statements regarding the feasibility of it), but that's another subject...

My question was about ACGME accreditation, Ive done my research about head and neck, neuro-otology and peds programs (still not sure which subspecialty I'll pursue) and many programs state that in order to match the applicant must have had completed an ACGME accredited residency, does that mean they take only those who did their residency in the US?

Also, some institutions don't specify much about the matching requirements but emphasize that their fellowship program is ACGME accredited, does that automatically limits it to people coming from ACGME accredited residencies as well?

Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
OK so no answers so far...
That's all right, Im sure everyone's pretty busy, I've noticed the forum isn't very active in general...
Anyways, I still thing there's a slight possibility that my question wasn't phrased properly since English is not my first language
So basically here it goes again, much simpler this time:

1. An ACGME accredited residency means American residency program?

2. If a fellowship program is ACGME accredited does that mean that they only accept people who finished an ACGME accredited residency?

Thanks and peace out