ACGME people, need your help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bustbones26

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there I am about to start an ACGME program this July. Now the AOA just recently sent to me a bill for my membership dues, but along with this bill they also inserted a yellow piece of paper.

Now, here is my problem, this yellow piece of paper, I have no idea what it was, all I know that it was something pertaining to the fact that I was going to be in an ACGME program and that I had to send it to my program director. I set it aside without looking at it in detail because I have a lot of things that I have to send to my program director and thought, "oh well, I'll get to it later".

So now I lost this piece of paper and worse yet have no idea what it was, so it is not like I can just call of the AOA and say, "Hey, I need form XYZ". Any ideas on what this paper was?

Members don't see this ad.

bustbones26 said:
Hey there I am about to start an ACGME program this July. Now the AOA just recently sent to me a bill for my membership dues, but along with this bill they also inserted a yellow piece of paper.

Now, here is my problem, this yellow piece of paper, I have no idea what it was, all I know that it was something pertaining to the fact that I was going to be in an ACGME program and that I had to send it to my program director. I set it aside without looking at it in detail because I have a lot of things that I have to send to my program director and thought, "oh well, I'll get to it later".

So now I lost this piece of paper and worse yet have no idea what it was, so it is not like I can just call of the AOA and say, "Hey, I need form XYZ". Any ideas on what this paper was?

Yes, I think it should read as follows:

Dear Dr. _________,

We at the American Council of Graduate Medical Education are sorry to inform you that your residency assignment for the next four years has been changed. Please report to your new location in Guam. You will be expected to honor your contract despite the slight location change. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at 1800-A**-CGME. Also, Please do not disregard this notice, and toss it into "I'll get to it later pile" as this is a time sensitive document, and failure to reply by May 1, 2005, will result in opening a can of whoop a** like no other, by fellow ACGME member Goose Fraba.

With Regards,
ACGME

Thank you for that insightful information. Now, can anybody actually tell me what this paper was?

Members don't see this ad :)
bustbones26 said:

Maybe something to do with resolution 42 application for approval of your program? I think there is something that the PD has to certify for that.

I dont know because I did not get any bill for AOA dues... I am still debating if it is worth the trouble to apply for Res 42 and keep the AOA membership up.

I think it is a bill for your AOA dues. I will be getting one next year, after my internship. Call the AOA and ask for another packet.

Hey I got that letter today too.

Ok so the yellow form is for your PD to verify that you are in an ACGME program and other basic info. This is for the AOA when they provide a "physician profile report" to a credentialing body or licensing agency... I think this may actually be important.