ACGME programs that accept COMLEX scores or are DO friendly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SportsDOc2251

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know a current list of programs that accept COMLEX scores or have current DOs in their program? I know this has been discussed before but some of the posts are a bit old and I just wanted to see an updated list. Thanks.
 
AOA programs.

I find it very hard to believe a DO could match without taking (and destroying) USMLE. I'm pretty sure Tulane was the only program to take a DO this past match. maybe you could find his contact info and ask him.
 
I believe 3 programs took DOs this past match. I think Loma Linda took another DO this year. But, you are correct, no ACGME and program would take a DO without a good USMLE score.

It has been discussed before, but here's the list that I know of:
Currently have a DO - Loma Linda, Tulane, LSU New Orleans, Rochester, Mizzou
Previously graduated a DO - UC Davis, LSU Shreveport, South Carolina, Kansas

I also know DOs that have done fellowships at Hopkins & Harborview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know the guy at Tulane. He took both USMLE Step 1 and Step 2, did very well, and rotated there.
 
That
North shore Lij seems friendly too
That's because it used to be a DO program that transferred to ACGME a few years ago. I would think they are trying to distance themselves from that and probably won't take a DO for a long time.
 
For other potential applicants in the future:

Keep fighting for an MD acceptance. It's just too much of an uphill battle otherwise.

carry on