Ackerman dermatopathology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

I have heard that some weird stuff is going on now at the academy but I do not have details. Does anybody know anything and is willing to share?

Members don't see this ad.

HI,

I have heard that some weird stuff is going on now at the academy but I do not have details. Does anybody know anything and is willing to share?

The academy is completely out of hand, no discipline, no respect... just last year someone cheated on the Kobi Ashimaru simulation and instead of being expelled was given his very own starship.

disgraceful.

Members don't see this ad :)

I've heard rumors too.. but they are just rumors. You can get anyone to say anything about a place if you ask enough people. If you can get a dermpath fellowship there you'd still have a dermpath fellowship.

what have you heard?

what have you heard?

Use this link:

http://www.ackermanacademy.org/alumni/

Then when they answer you, get in touch with whoever they put you in touch with. Ask them to confirm or deny whatever you are worried about. When you're done ask them for other names that they would know of. Repeat the process with the new names you get.

After you feel you have enough evidence to make a decision, make one.

There is no "real" information on this board. The BEST you can hope for is getting leads to real information. No matter what anyone else posts on this thread I would seriously consider doing the much more difficult but much more reliable process of actually talking to people who went there recently.

Wow! Why the hostility and sarcasm?

Use this link:

http://www.ackermanacademy.org/alumni/

Then when they answer you, get in touch with whoever they put you in touch with. Ask them to confirm or deny whatever you are worried about. When you're done ask them for other names that they would know of. Repeat the process with the new names you get.

After you feel you have enough evidence to make a decision, make one.

There is no "real" information on this board. The BEST you can hope for is getting leads to real information. No matter what anyone else posts on this thread I would seriously consider doing the much more difficult but much more reliable process of actually talking to people who went there recently.

Wow! Why the hostility and sarcasm?

What part was sarcastic or hostile? I dont feel like it's appropriate to repeat negative rumors that I didn't observe first hand. I have no problem relating things that I observe myself no matter how harsh they are. But for the most part, on this board since no one gives their names besides one or two people even that information is +/- useless.

That link I provided should get him in touch with people who've taken that fellowship and get actual, first hand information, which even then may or may not be true. If he's thinking of derm path that information is going to be way more valuable than anything anyone can put here.

wow I guess I struck a nerve

I guess I'm confused about what you mean by "weird stuff." Did someone tell you there was "weird stuff" going on? I would ask whoever told you that! Because if that is all you heard than it is basically a useless comment. You should follow up with the source of the information - if they are not willing to provide further information than they are a tool for dangling it out there but not clarifying any further. It would be like if you went to the doctor and he told you, "there is something abnormal with your tests," and refused to provide you any more information.

Do you know what the rumors revolve around? That might help clarify things more. I imagine since Ackerman's death things are a bit in flux. Maybe they will merge with another institution or cash out even more or start having fewer fellowships or whatever. Maybe certain faculty are leaving? But all of that is just meaningless supposition.

A person with knowledge of the department told me there is something going on, and in turn it is delaying the fellowship acceptance decision but because of a conflict he couldn't tell me.
I agree it's like dangling it out there but that is how the entire field of dermatopathology is, very secretive and elitist.

The academy is completely out of hand, no discipline, no respect... just last year someone cheated on the Kobi Ashimaru simulation and instead of being expelled was given his very own starship.

disgraceful.

lmfao