Acknowledgement Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike_D

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what specifically we are supposed to say in these? I just got an acceptance to the University of Tennessee and they want one of these with my deposit. Any help here is much appreciated.

SIDE NOTE: I have just recieved a few acceptances in the last two weeks. To all those who are still waiting (Doctor Foxy, etc....), keep the faith!! I was beginning to get worried as well. If you believe hard enough, it WILL happen.

Members don't see this ad.

mike, congratulations on your acceptance. i think (and i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong;)) that something to like this is sufficient:
Dear Person who sent my acceptance,
This letter is to inform you that I happily accept your offer of admission to the ________. Enclosed please find a check in the amount of $$$ to reserve my place in the graduating class of 2006.
Thank you for the opportunity to pursue my goals at ___________. I look forward to working with you, your students, faculty and staff.

Remember, they're done passing judgement on you (for a little while, at least) so it doesn't really matter what you write, so long as you convey the fact that you got their letter and you accept their acceptance.
Hope this helps. Any other thoughts, oh wise SDN folk?

Congrats Mike D!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Don't sweat it about the letter--they just want your money! :wink: