ACOM vs. PCOM-GA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crittbihh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I've recently been accepted into both PCOM-GA and ACOM, and I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding. I feel like overall PCOM is a better school and definitely more established, but I fell in love with ACOM when I interviewed there. I liked ACOM a lot, but it still hasn't graduated its first class and I'm a bit worried about going to a newer school. PCOM is more established, has a more laid back attendance policy, slightly better facilities, and a great match rate. PCOM felt like a good school and I wouldn't have a problem going there, but I think I would be settling only because I want a safer school. I know mandatory attendance is a big deal for some people, but I've never really had a problem with attending all my classes so that doesn't bother me with ACOM. Also, I like that ACOM is solely focused on DO, and doesn't have lots of other programs in the same facilities as PCOM. I guess my biggest hesitancy is if ACOM is too risky, will they be able to prepare me well for matching in a residency, do they have their rotation system fully set up? Any thoughts on the two school or traits that made you pick a certain school will be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely PCOM-GA, as it is more established with a strong association with PCOM.

Choose ACOM if you have family or a very good support system close by.

I felt the same way about ACOM too, I got accepted at LECOM-Bradenton too, and am scared as which one i should chose, because I love the ACOM school , but LECOM-B is more established

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt the same way about ACOM too, I got accepted at LECOM-Bradenton too, and am scared as which one i should chose, because I love the ACOM school , but LECOM-B is more established

Go with the money, whichever tuition is cheaper.

If LECOM is cheaper and is more established, go with that school unless you absolutely see a deal breaker. Where else have you been accepted?

Last edited:
Hello, I've recently been accepted into both PCOM-GA and ACOM, and I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding. I feel like overall PCOM is a better school and definitely more established, but I fell in love with ACOM when I interviewed there. I liked ACOM a lot, but it still hasn't graduated its first class and I'm a bit worried about going to a newer school. PCOM is more established, has a more laid back attendance policy, slightly better facilities, and a great match rate. PCOM felt like a good school and I wouldn't have a problem going there, but I think I would be settling only because I want a safer school. I know mandatory attendance is a big deal for some people, but I've never really had a problem with attending all my classes so that doesn't bother me with ACOM. Also, I like that ACOM is solely focused on DO, and doesn't have lots of other programs in the same facilities as PCOM. I guess my biggest hesitancy is if ACOM is too risky, will they be able to prepare me well for matching in a residency, do they have their rotation system fully set up? Any thoughts on the two school or traits that made you pick a certain school will be helpful.

Hi, I'm not really sure on what campus is better, but I am very interested in going to GA-PCOM. What were your stats (GPA, MCAT score, volunteer work you've done, extracurricular activities) in college? I'm a freshman in college, so I really want to know how much harder I must work in order to be accepted to GA-PCOM. Thanks!!