ACPHS-Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Malabamba

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any one applied to the ACPHS-Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Services? Just got interviewed at the Vermont campus last monday, still waiting tough:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has been accepted to Albany College of Pharmacy's new campus in Vermont. I am currently a 2nd year student at ACP and am transferring to the Vermont campus for the fall of 2009. I was just looking to meet anybody that is thinking about going there. If anyone has any questions about the campus, I can probably answer a lot of them! Anyways, let me know!

-Rosie

Thanks a lot for offering to help. I interviewed at the vermont campus jan. 10, but still waiting for the results. Hope to get good news soon and to start asking you some questions. Thanks again
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has been accepted to Albany College of Pharmacy's new campus in Vermont. I am currently a 2nd year student at ACP and am transferring to the Vermont campus for the fall of 2009. I was just looking to meet anybody that is thinking about going there. If anyone has any questions about the campus, I can probably answer a lot of them! Anyways, let me know!

-Rosie

Members don't see this ad :)

-Rosie

Hi Rosie, I received an interview invite for the Vermont campus, and I was hoping you could describe how the atmosphere is like there. I've never been to the east coast. Thanks!

Hey seagirl, Vermont is beautiful. It's not a big state obviously, so no matter where you go there's going to be small towns. The campus is located right outside of Burlington which is the largest city in Vermont and the "happening" place to be. I don't know how large of cities you're used to (see you're from Seattle), but there are a lot of cool things happening in Burlington year round nevertheless. They have lots of festivals on Church St. throughout the year which is basically a cobblestone street with a whole bunch of stores and interesting things on it. The Burlington mall is on this street too. Google Church St...it's really pretty!

People are really active in VT too. There's a lot of skiing throughout VT on the Green Mountains. If you're really into that sort of thing, you'd probably enjoy it here. The campus is also pretty close to Lake Champlain which is the biggest lake in the U.S. after the Great Lakes. Another really really pretty landmark!

It's also in New England obviously, so you're pretty much driving distance (2 to 3 hours) from Boston, New Hampshire, Montreal, etc., if you ever want to go anywhere else.

Also, take into consideration the campus itself. They're only accepting 70 students so that's going to be reaaaaaally small classes and a pretty "home"-y environment.

Anyways, that's Vermont in a nutshell...let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi,

I received my acceptance letter from Albany College of Pharmacy in Vermont and am considering going there. I have a few questions. After the interview I saw the apartment complex they will have that will be considered the colleges "dorms"...Do you know what is included in those (beds, furniture, lighting/heating..etc)...Also, do you know if there will be roommates, or will we have to find our own...Finally, I havent really heard anyone else that is going there...has anyone?

Hey pharmacyy, I just replied to your other post and then I saw this one. The apartments aren't really typical "dorms." You do have to sign a lease for them, but all basic utilities are included...phone, internet, heat, electricity, etc. There are laundry facilities there as well. I do believe they aren't going to be furnished...hence how most apartments would come. I also think you're probably going to be responsible for finding your own roommate as well. Btw, there's only going to be 70 students in the fall 2009 class. I haven't heard of anyone that's going there either except for myself and more than likely my roommate here.

This is the information that was posted on an FAQ given to current students at the Albany campus. If you want more information, I can probably get it for you. Let me know.

Is housing available? How much is it?
Severance Corners will offer to rent housing to ACPHS students at fair rental value in the greater Burlington area. The initial rate is $1650.00/mo or $825.00/mo per student, for a two bedroom/two bath apartment, divided into two semi annual payments of $4,950 per student. There will be an additional charge for parking.

Each two bedroom apartment has two bathrooms. Each apartment will have a full kitchen and washer/dryer. The base rent will include utilities (heating and cooling, electricity, water and sewer, trash removal, landscaping, snow removal, internet and basic cable service.) Tenants should establish their own accounts for telephone, expanded cable service or other utilities.

Severance Corners (SC) will enter into written leases with each student that shall define the rights and responsibilities of the tenant(s), including the rent payment schedule (two installments for each year to coincide with financial aid disbursements), the dates of occupancy, and the amount of security deposit required from each student in each apartment. The leases shall have a minimum term of August 15 through the following July 15.

SC shall provide a shuttle service to the Vermont campus several times daily to accommodate student traffic to and from the campus. The shuttle service shall be structured around the student day, with a concentration of service in the morning just prior to classes starting and at the end of the class day. A reasonable fee or “Shuttle Pass” to be charged to the tenants shall be determined by SCVC prior to each semester.

Hey,

thanks for the info..I would really appreciate if you can get that info that you guys got...

Hey seagirl, Vermont is beautiful. It's not a big state obviously, so no matter where you go there's going to be small towns. The campus is located right outside of Burlington which is the largest city in Vermont and the "happening" place to be. I don't know how large of cities you're used to (see you're from Seattle), but there are a lot of cool things happening in Burlington year round nevertheless. They have lots of festivals on Church St. throughout the year which is basically a cobblestone street with a whole bunch of stores and interesting things on it. The Burlington mall is on this street too. Google Church St...it's really pretty!

People are really active in VT too. There's a lot of skiing throughout VT on the Green Mountains. If you're really into that sort of thing, you'd probably enjoy it here. The campus is also pretty close to Lake Champlain which is the biggest lake in the U.S. after the Great Lakes. Another really really pretty landmark!

It's also in New England obviously, so you're pretty much driving distance (2 to 3 hours) from Boston, New Hampshire, Montreal, etc., if you ever want to go anywhere else.

Also, take into consideration the campus itself. They're only accepting 70 students so that's going to be reaaaaaally small classes and a pretty "home"-y environment.

Anyways, that's Vermont in a nutshell...let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for the info RosiePosie319! I've decided to accept their interview invite, and I will be flying out there next month. I am super excited!

pharmacyy - do you have an e-mail address that I could send the FAQ to? It's a pretty long document so I doubt I can copy and paste it. Let me know.

seagirl - glad I could help. Hope your interview goes well and you like the area!

I got interview invitation letter today.
My interview may be on March 16.

Hiiiiii It's Karina. Lol I found you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know exactly how many students the other campus are accepting? I'm still waiting for mine and I'm getting frustrated just waiting? Are they done accepting people? Thanks!

To my knowledge they are accepting 70 students...I think they are still interviewing because I knew someone who interviewed a little over a week ago..

To my knowledge they are accepting 70 students...I think they are still interviewing because I knew someone who interviewed a little over a week ago..

they are definitely still interviewing, since i have my interview on march 19th

I have my interview today at 1~ it may be a bit late, but wish me luck!

Hey, I have my interview on March 16 which is this coming Monday.

There is not that much information about ACPHS-Vermont interview process and prep questions.
What kinds of question they ask?
How about the writing portion? Should I read a current issues?

How long is the interview?

Edit: wrong place

Sorry!

Last edited:
How long it will take to hear back from the school after interview?

yay!!! I interviewed Mar 5, and I got the email yesterday!

Is there anyone here going that's looking at other apartments? I don't know what the average is around Colchester, is $825/mo a good deal?

Is there anyone here going that's looking at other apartments? I don't know what the average is around Colchester, is $825/mo a good deal?

Hey seepinpanda05, congrats on the acceptance!! :thumbup:

I have my interview on March 19th and I'm getting nervous about it. Would you mind sharing your stats? And any information on the interview process would be appreciated.

CONGRATS!! I am probably going there as well..I from New york city, are you from the VT area? Also, is that 825$ your talking about for the Severence Corners or other apartments?

Keep in mind the $825 for Severance Corners is per person. You have to have a roommate to get that deal, so the housing for a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment is $1650. In other words, they won't be giving single places for $825 a month. I think the housing is pretty expensive, but it does have utilities, laundry, etc. so I guess I can't complain. You'll probably have a hard time finding a comparable place for any cheaper, especially in Burlington.

Oh, pharmacyy, I realized I never sent you the FAQ for the campus. You probably know most of the info at this point, but I can still send it to you if you want?

Hey seepinpanda05, congrats on the acceptance!! :thumbup:

I have my interview on March 19th and I'm getting nervous about it. Would you mind sharing your stats? And any information on the interview process would be appreciated.

Thanks frenchierx!, sorry I didn't get back to you on time for your interview. Hope it went well!

CONGRATS!! I am probably going there as well..I from New york city, are you from the VT area? Also, is that 825$ your talking about for the Severence Corners or other apartments?

Thanks Pharmacyy! I'm not from the VT area, and the $825 is from Severance corners. I'm looking on craigslist and its all about the same price range~

Thanks Pharmacyy! I'm not from the VT area, and the $825 is from Severance corners. I'm looking on craigslist and its all about the same price range~

I looked on craigslist as well and it was pretty much the same. I thinking Im just going to do Severance Corners, since their price is reasonable, apartments are brand new, and they provide a shuttle, I wont be bringing a car. ... Where are you from? Are you 100% going there?

i have lots of questions for you. for example, where are u planning to live??? and about the criminal background check, do i have to get one and send it or they get it????????

I will probably living at Severance Corners...I think they do the background check on their own, with you Social Security Number. Are you going there? if so, where do you plan on living? Where are you from? Im from NYC

I looked on craigslist as well and it was pretty much the same. I thinking Im just going to do Severance Corners, since their price is reasonable, apartments are brand new, and they provide a shuttle, I wont be bringing a car. ... Where are you from? Are you 100% going there?

yeah, I'm from Chicago, and I'm 100% going! =D I think I'm gonna go with Severance Corners too

Hey guys! I just recently got accepted to the VT campus.. So I'm assuming that they aren't helping out at all with the whole roommate thing? I was thinking of calling and asking Donna Myers if she/they could help out. Has anyone visited Severence Corners? I live in NH but I go to school in Pennsylvania so I won't be able to visit until later next month.

hey everyone! I just got accepted to this campus as well... I am going here 100% ... I am coming from Toronto and probably will also just stay at the Severence Corners as it makes the most sense..... anyone know how it works ? we have to find our own roommates correct?

I also was accepted and when I was talking to the people at Severence Corners they gave me a profile sheet to fill out so that they can place you with a roommate. It will kinda be like the stuff you had to fill out for housing if you lived in a dorm. Also they will have furnished and unfurnished units but they have to know by May 1st so they know how much furniture they need to order.

Hope this helps and see you in the fall

I also was accepted and when I was talking to the people at Severence Corners they gave me a profile sheet to fill out so that they can place you with a roommate. It will kinda be like the stuff you had to fill out for housing if you lived in a dorm. Also they will have furnished and unfurnished units but they have to know by May 1st so they know how much furniture they need to order.

Hope this helps and see you in the fall

Great thanks for the info

did they email you the respond or did they snail mailed the reply? cuz im still waiting for mine..

I got my acceptance through email but they said that they were sending out an official letter in the next couple of days

yup same I had my interview on a Thursday and got accepted on the Monday so 4 days by email

I just had my interview today so I'm nervous about finding out whether I'm going to get accepted or not. How long does it usually take?

I just had my interview today so I'm nervous about finding out whether I'm going to get accepted or not. How long does it usually take?

I had my interview Friday and got accepted on a Monday too so I'm assuming they're pretty fast with responses. I would think you would hear by Monday or sometime during the following week. Good luck!

I had my interview last Friday and was accepted by Monday as well...Leah I think we may have been in the same group!

I also had my interview on friday and got my acceptance Monday. Good luck at your interview. don't stress though the interview is really low key.

I got the mail from Severance Corners as well. It has a sheet to fill out that will match you up with room mates. There is also a Academic Calender in there. What I find odd is they have a Summer Session schedule....anyone have any idea why??

Oh okay. Ahhh I hope I get in. Vermont is gorgeous and I fell in love with the condos as well.

I got the mail from Severance Corners as well. It has a sheet to fill out that will match you up with room mates. There is also a Academic Calender in there. What I find odd is they have a Summer Session schedule....anyone have any idea why??

summer session for school?

Hey everyone... I'm currently a second year student at the ACP Albany Campus that is going to be transferring up to Colchester next year :oops:

If you have any questions about the school in general I can try to help, we've been bombarded with info about the campus and everything.

Alllsooo thinking about living in the condos... where did you guys find out about the furnished/unfurnished and the roommate selection thing? Just calling the place?

LeahB.. I'm from NH too... pretty sure we worked together at one point (super briefly)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone... I'm currently a second year student at the ACP Albany Campus that is going to be transferring up to Colchester next year :oops:

If you have any questions about the school in general I can try to help, we've been bombarded with info about the campus and everything.

Alllsooo thinking about living in the condos... where did you guys find out about the furnished/unfurnished and the roommate selection thing? Just calling the place?

LeahB.. I'm from NH too... pretty sure we worked together at one point (super briefly)

Sam???????