ACPHS-Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys
I have an interview for Vermont coming up soon, and was wondering what type of questions would they have?
Also, any other information about the interview process, writing assessment, and what I need to know about this college that would help me!

Thank you very much for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Sam???????

Yep haha my roommate told me someone was from NH and I was like no way I totally recognize that name!

Setandmatch -- If your interviews are anything like the ones we had here, don't sweat it too much. The writing assessment is about a moral or ethical dilemma you may run into as a pharmacist. I only heard of like one person failing the writing assessment. That's just based on what we had on the Albany campus as undergrad students moving into the professional years. As for what you need to know about this college, try to be more specific and I can help you with that. Keep in mind that we're all first time going to Vermont campus so I wouldn't know much about that, but I know about the general things that happen on the Albany campus.

Yep haha my roommate told me someone was from NH and I was like no way I totally recognize that name!

Setandmatch -- If your interviews are anything like the ones we had here, don't sweat it too much. The writing assessment is about a moral or ethical dilemma you may run into as a pharmacist. I only heard of like one person failing the writing assessment. That's just based on what we had on the Albany campus as undergrad students moving into the professional years. As for what you need to know about this college, try to be more specific and I can help you with that. Keep in mind that we're all first time going to Vermont campus so I wouldn't know much about that, but I know about the general things that happen on the Albany campus.

No way! How are you?? Do you have facebook? We need to chat before August!

Members don't see this ad :)
Im going to Albany College of Pharmacy-Vermont, as well. Im from New Jersey. Does anyone know when we have to be there by? Is there orientation and when do classes start? thanks

Im going to Albany College of Pharmacy-Vermont, as well. Im from New Jersey. Does anyone know when we have to be there by? Is there orientation and when do classes start? thanks

Orientation is on the 27th I believe and classes start on the 31st of August

That was me! Which one were you? Congrats!

Congratulations to you too! My name is Alisha, i think we were across from each other during the presentation. Were you planning on living in Severance Corners? I think thats what I plan to do. See you in the Fall :]

Congratulations to you too! My name is Alisha, i think we were across from each other during the presentation. Were you planning on living in Severance Corners? I think thats what I plan to do. See you in the Fall :]

I remember you! Yes, I'm living in Severence Corners.. soooooo excited!!!! See you in a few months!

Hello. I am Eros. I was interviewed Thursday16, 2009 at ACPHS-Vermont. Does anybody know how long it takes for them to reply? :confused:I hope I get accepted. It is just a wonderful over there. The falculty seems to be just great. :DGood luck to other candidates interviewed. :luck::thumbup:

Hello. I am Eros. I was interviewed Thursday16, 2009 at ACPHS-Vermont. Does anybody know how long it takes for them to reply? :confused:I hope I get accepted. It is just a wonderful over there. The falculty seems to be just great. :DGood luck to other candidates interviewed. :luck::thumbup:

Hey,

When I interviewed on the Thrusday I got a response and accepted on the Monday so hopefully you will here soon. I think it was the same for some of the others as well. Good luck hope you get in!

Hey,

When I interviewed on the Thrusday I got a response and accepted on the Monday so hopefully you will here soon. I think it was the same for some of the others as well. Good luck hope you get in!

Kool I will be checking my e-mail every 5 minutes tomorrow. So you are from Toronto. I live in Buffalo,NY. I was in Toronto last year and I really enjoy the diversity of people and food over there:love:. Colchester is a quiet and small town compared to Toronto and Buffalo. I look forward to that.:rolleyes:

Kool I will be checking my e-mail every 5 minutes tomorrow. So you are from Toronto. I live in Buffalo,NY. I was in Toronto last year and I really enjoy the diversity of people and food over there:love:. Colchester is a quiet and small town compared to Toronto and Buffalo. I look forward to that.:rolleyes:

Yea they dont take long to mail out there responses...I got mine I think within a week of interviewing...good luck!

Hi All,
Did you guys get official acceptance letter via mail?
I only got accaetance notice via email.

Am I the only one who didn't get the letter yet?
I am so worried.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I was just wondering what questions they ask during the interview...are they the generic...why do u want to b a pharmacist...why did u choose this skool...list some strengths/weakness of ures...etc...Also, do they do a group interview of is it a one on one thing...I have an interview coming up and I was just wondering exactly what they would ask me and what i should expect...thank you:)

Hi All,
Did you guys get official acceptance letter via mail?
I only got accaetance notice via email.

Am I the only one who didn't get the letter yet?
I am so worried.

I haven't gotten my letter yet either. Hopefully it comes soon

Has anyone been accepted into the program at ACPHS CONDITIONALLY? In other words, this means that you are accepted but you need to take whatever prerequisite courses you are missing before classes begin.

All work has been on hold at ACPHS since April 9th because Donna Myers has been out sick. No decisions for interviews that were held on April 9, 10, 16, and 17th have been made yet.

All work has been on hold at ACPHS since April 9th because Donna Myers has been out sick. No decisions for interviews that were held on April 9, 10, 16, and 17th have been made yet.
Hi VI89. :) How did you find out? Did you call? I was interviewed by Donna Myers on the 16th. :idea: The day I was interviewed, there were 6 students there. If I am not mistaken, the committee interviewed ,more or less, 12 students per day. Does anybody know how many students are accepted per day? Funny, I woke up at 3:00 am with a smile becuase I was dreaming:sleep: that I had checked my e-mail and was accepted. Of course, at that time I got up and checked my e-mail. Nothing! :laugh: I hope they send us an e-mail tomorrow. :oops:

Hi VI89. :) How did you find out? Did you call? I was interviewed by Donna Myers on the 16th. :idea: The day I was interviewed, there were 6 students there. If I am not mistaken, the committee interviewed ,more or less, 12 students per day. Does anybody know how many students are accepted per day? Funny, I woke up at 3:00 am with a smile becuase I was dreaming:sleep: that I had checked my e-mail and was accepted. Of course, at that time I got up and checked my e-mail. Nothing! :laugh: I hope they send us an e-mail tomorrow. :oops:

Haha oh man I called today because I wanted to know what was going on. I don't think there's a particular number of students they accept per day but I know there are 70 seats all together. I hope I hear back soon. I was interviewed on the 9th. Good luck!

Has anyone been accepted into the program at ACPHS CONDITIONALLY? In other words, this means that you are accepted but you need to take whatever prerequisite courses you are missing before classes begin.

VI- I was accepted but have to take Physics II over the summer (which I was already scheduled to take anyway to finish my degree) why ask? Are you in the same position?

Hey,

Yeah I have to take English and one more humanities course this summer

Oh okay… I was just curious because I had an interview but haven't heard back yet and I wanted to know if it might have been because I needed to take a couple classes (microbiology and physics II) that I was missing so I wanted to know if they accepted conditionally. Thanks guys!

As soon as anyone hears something from Vermont please inform me. :scared:I really appreciate it!:D Good luck with those finals. :xf:It gets hectic during this time in the semester.:idea: ~EROS~

As soon as anyone hears something from Vermont please inform me. :scared:I really appreciate it!:D Good luck with those finals. :xf:It gets hectic during this time in the semester.:idea: ~EROS~

Man it's weird that all of you are taking your finals. I am in the 5th week of my last Quarter at Ohio State. I have a feeling the switch from quarters to semesters may be brutal. Good Luck to all of you on your finals I'll be in that boat in about 5 weeks

Hello everyone,
I received an official acceptance letter in the mail, and mailed it in with my deposit. However, I haven't heard anything after that which makes me a little nervous...hopefully I hear back soon with a confirmation. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hello everyone,
I received an official acceptance letter in the mail, and mailed it in with my deposit. However, I haven't heard anything after that which makes me a little nervous...hopefully I hear back soon with a confirmation. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hi. I thought replies are done via e-mail. Are they mail or e-mail?

Hi. I thought replies are done via e-mail. Are they mail or e-mail?

They are both. You will get an email notification and also a letter in the mail with information on any classes you have take and whatnot.

Hello everyone,

I was in the same boat...but I emailed Donna Myers and she confirmed the receipt of my deposit check. It took them a few weeks to deposit mine, I would suggest emailing them to be on the safe side

Hey guys!
I am actually having an interview this Tuesday with Donna...can anyone please tell me what I should expect...is it the same general process...if anyone can tell me what kind of ques they are likely to ask...or even tell me how ure interview process went...what they asked you..if they just go over ure transcripts etc any info would be helpful and greatly appreciated thank you!

Hey guys!
I am actually having an interview this Tuesday with Donna...can anyone please tell me what I should expect...is it the same general process...if anyone can tell me what kind of ques they are likely to ask...or even tell me how ure interview process went...what they asked you..if they just go over ure transcripts etc any info would be helpful and greatly appreciated thank you!

Hi. I feel the interview what not bad at all. Expect a writting assessment asking you about an ethical dilemna a pharmacist may encounter. The interview is about 15-20 minutes. Trancript questions were not covered. You will meet about 6-7 falculty members. They are nice. You will be interviewed by 2 people. I don't understand why you have a interview this Tuesday. I thought the last interview date was on April the 17th. I was interviewed on the 16th. I am waiting for a reply. Good luck pharmgirl77! :luck::thumbup:

I just found out that all decisions will be made by the latest EARLY MAY!

I just found out that all decisions will be made by the latest EARLY MAY!

Thanks for the info. They are still interviewing. I assume they will be sending everybodys answer on the same day. At least I won't be checking my e-mail every second till the first week of MAY. :rolleyes:

Hey guys!
Hey how did your interview go pharmgirl77? :D

Hey!
I think it went okay i was really nervous! I just want to find out if I got in or not...have you heard anything yet? I keep checking my email like every 5 minutes lol it's so stressful during exams too...have u heard back yet?

Hey!
I think it went okay i was really nervous! I just want to find out if I got in or not...have you heard anything yet? I keep checking my email like every 5 minutes lol it's so stressful during exams too...have u heard back yet?
I heard we should hear something by the first week of May. Were there alot of students when you interview? Today will be 2 weeks since I interviewed. Yea I checked my e-mail every 5 minutes. I am doing better. I only check twice a day!:laugh: If you hear something keep me posted. Who were your interviewers Donna and Joanna? :thumbup:

Does anyone know of anyone being rejected from this school? Everyone I talked to so far has got in, moreover, I learned that students from their Albany Campus who do not meet the GPA requirements are given to options: go to our new campus in Vermont or leave our program. I was going to go here, but got into a school closer to home and after learning that everyone gets in here, I decided to decline my seat.

Does anyone know of anyone being rejected from this school? Everyone I talked to so far has got in, moreover, I learned that students from their Albany Campus who do not meet the GPA requirements are given to options: go to our new campus in Vermont or leave our program. I was going to go here, but got into a school closer to home and after learning that everyone gets in here, I decided to decline my seat.

Pharmacyy, which school are you going to attend? :cool: Goo luck.

I'm at the Albany campus right now, and just wanted to clarify that people who do not meet the GPA requirements in Albany will NOT be allowed to go to Vermont. You have to meet the same requirements for Vermont as you would in Albany. As far as I know right now, there are only 4 people from Albany transferring to Vermont. I haven't heard of anyone being rejected at Vermont either which kind of makes me wonder how desperate they are for applicants. Regardless, this is much closer to home for me than Albany and was the biggest factor in my decision to go there.

This is really exciting! I am a VT native looking for a Pharm School to start in the Fall of '11. Do they offer an accelerated program for those that already have a B.S. w/prereqs completed? Glad to hear so many of you are getting in!

I'm at the Albany campus right now, and just wanted to clarify that people who do not meet the GPA requirements in Albany will NOT be allowed to go to Vermont. You have to meet the same requirements for Vermont as you would in Albany. As far as I know right now, there are only 4 people from Albany transferring to Vermont. I haven't heard of anyone being rejected at Vermont either which kind of makes me wonder how desperate they are for applicants. Regardless, this is much closer to home for me than Albany and was the biggest factor in my decision to go there.
I think they are not desperate. I believe that in one day they interview 14-18 people. In a month alone, they had 8-10 interview dates. If I do that math that is more than 70 students. Like any other Pharmacy school they are looking best of the best. Certainly, many have been and will be rejected. I hope I am not one of them. :scared: Still waiting for an answer. :luck:

I think they are not desperate. I believe that in one day they interview 14-18 people. In a month alone, they had 8-10 interview dates. If I do that math that is more than 70 students. Like any other Pharmacy school they are looking best of the best. Certainly, many have been and will be rejected. I hope I am not one of them. :scared: Still waiting for an answer. :luck:

Yeah I agree with you. I just got into Long Island University, which is way closer to home than Vermont is so if I get into Vermont I won't be attending.

Yeah I agree with you. I just got into Long Island University, which is way closer to home than Vermont is so if I get into Vermont I won't be attending.
Good luck at LIU. :thumbup:

Good luck at LIU. :thumbup:
:oops:
I just got a job at school and I told my boss that I could only work for 3 months because I may have to move to VT. I hope I get accepted. I don't look forward to doing the PharmCAS process all over again and waiting one more year to attend graduate school.:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

They do not interview 14-18 people per interview day. I know of 4 people that went to interview at 4 different dates. I had 2 others in my interview. One of my friends had 1 other person, another had about 12 others, another person i know had 2 others, and another friend had just one other person. I am not knocking the school or anything, but they are undoubtedly desperate for people as I know someone who got in with a well below average GPA and PCAT

Has anyone heard from ACPHS Vermont? I am still waiting for their desicion. :confused:

Has anyone heard from ACPHS Vermont? I am still waiting for their desicion. :confused:

I just officially rejected my acceptance today...so hopefully that opens a seat for u:)

I hope I get your seat.:D Good luck at USP!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Does anyone know the maximun wait for a desicion from ACPHS?:confused: I was interviewed 1 month and 3 days ago! :eek: I would appreciate if someone can help me with info. Thanks.:D