ACS Clinical Congress 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkinsstudent111

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how valuable attending ACS clinical congress is for an MS2? I just got my abstract accepted for an oral presentation, but since the conference is virtual for 2021, I don't know how useful it will be for networking purposes. How rare is it to get an oral presentation?

Members don't see this ad.

Go do it. With virtual conferences, it'll only take ~ 1 hour to create the talk, 2 hours to attend the virtual conference, and give your presentation. No real networking opportunity, but a minimal cost for a strategic resume booster.

Reactions: 1 users
Go do it. With virtual conferences, it'll only take ~ 1 hour to create the talk, 2 hours to attend the virtual conference, and give your presentation. No real networking opportunity, but a minimal cost for a strategic resume booster.

I got an oral presentation as well. How difficult is it to get one? Is it easier this year because it is virtual?

Members don't see this ad :)
How difficult is it to get an oral presentation at ACS? I got one too. Is it easier this year because it is virtual?

It is certainly rare to get an oral at ACS as a med student, though not impossible. You should be proud and it is definitely an accomplishment that stands out on the CV

Congrats!! med student here. I got my abstract accepted as an e-poster presentation. is that rare? Also, since it says e-posters get published to JACS online -- how do I add that to my CV? just under the manuscript publications section or make another section?

Last edited:
Congrats!! med student here. I got my abstract accepted as an e-poster presentation. is that rare? Also, since it says e-posters get published to JACS online -- how do I add that to my CV? just under the manuscript publications section or make another section?
Congrats! Not rare overall, that is the “poster” version at this conference AKA lowest level of acceptance (below quick shot and podium). That being said, if it’s the main scientific forum (not med student program) that is definitely admirable as a student and a bit more rare, it’s an accomplishment to get anything accepted to a national meeting as a student.

Published abstracts are essentially duplicate citations of your presentations, so most won’t list them (especially not on ERAS, pick one or the other). On your personal CV if you choose to keep track of them, they should go in a separate section for published abstracts. Including them with your actual publications can be seen as misleading and trying to inflate your number of pubs inaccurately

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Not rare overall, that is the “poster” version at this conference AKA lowest level of acceptance (below quick shot and podium). That being said, if it’s the main scientific forum (not med student program) that is definitely admirable as a student and a bit more rare, it’s an accomplishment to get anything accepted to a national meeting as a student.

Published abstracts are essentially duplicate citations of your presentations, so most won’t list them (especially not on ERAS, pick one or the other). On your personal CV if you choose to keep track of them, they should go in a separate section for published abstracts. Including them with your actual publications can be seen as misleading and trying to inflate your number of pubs inaccurately
Thank you so much for ur help! It’s the main scientific forum I think? I got an e-poster for the Owen Wangensteen scientific forum. Not sure if that’s the Med student one? Will keep that in mind for ERAS. I did put a separate section on my CV to just keep in track of everything

Last edited:
Thank you so much for ur help! It’s the main scientific forum I think? I got an e-poster for the Owen Wangensteen scientific forum. Not sure if that’s the Med student one? Will keep that in mind for ERAS. I did put a separate section on my CV to just keep in track of everything
Yes that’s the main scientific forum, nice work man

Reactions: 1 user