ACT Still Necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was a high school student, I forgot to plan ahead, graduated early, and now I'm in community college. Would it still be necessary to take the ACT after obtaining an Associate's degree?

Members don't see this ad.

this is going to be so random... I remember there being three stages of standardized tests in high school... The EXPLORE, the PLAN, and then the ACT for college admissions. The first two were career aptitude tests. Mine, both times, said I should be an electrician... Lol.

Anyways, Trilt answered your question. Requirements will vary by school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't take any of the standardized tests in high school (never planned on going to college back then), and didn't need any of them in order to transfer to a 4year school after I finished an AS at community college.
So you may not need it, but like mentioned before, its best to check with your institution

this is going to be so random... I remember there being three stages of standardized tests in high school... The EXPLORE, the PLAN, and then the ACT for college admissions. The first two were career aptitude tests. Mine, both times, said I should be an electrician... Lol.

Pay would be quite a bit better had you listened to the career aptitude tests.

I'm only mad because I know you're right!! :( I actually did consider it for a bit. My uncle worked as an electrician. The money was great too, before he transitioned to the oilfield. That money was even better until gas prices dropped.

I did not take the SAT or ACT and went directly to a university from high school and got into vet school. They were never required for me.

Anyways, Trilt answered your question. Requirements will vary by school.
I think I always got a carpenter.

I coincidentally followed my aptitude tests, got a good job, good pay, and decent benefits and still ended up miserable.