• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Do I still have chances?

aaaaashleyyyyy

2+ Year Member
May 2, 2018
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Hi guys, I am applying this year cycle, currently just graduated from my university. I have seen a lot of posts about the chances topics, either with good GPA or tons of hours. Unfortunately, I have neither of the above. My situation is simple and complicated. I just immigrate to the US since 2016, and decide to go to veterinary school in 2017. I believe everyone knows how hard to find someplace to gain veterinary experience by ourselves, and wit the language barrier and maybe I'm not smart enough, I end up got a 3.11 GPA, and around 300 hours animal experience, both with veterinarian and without. Except Equine experience I don't have any, I have mostly small animal experience and few large animals and exotics. I do have some research experience. During the following year I decide to go to graduate school in Colorado State Univ, (not vet school but the Master Degree program in their vet school). I hope that will give me a backup plan if I keep being rejected in the future. But I do want to have a try this year. My lowest grade is C- in biochem, therefore before I retake biochem in the future, all the schools i can apply are accepting C- as the lowest grade, not a lot, but some.
This is all what I have for now, I'm posting to ask do I still have chances? Or is there anything I can do before I submit my application?
Thank you very much!

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unyeetable Wolf
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
  1. Veterinarian
Which schools are you applying to? Can you break things down for us in this format:

A short intro about you, where you are from, any previous application results, the school/s you are interested in, your current career interests.

Cumulative GPA:
science GPA:
last 45:

Any degrees achieved

GRE results:
Q/V/W

Veterinary Experience:
-
-
-

Animal Experience:
-
-
-

Research Experience:

Awards/scholarships:

-
-
-

Extracurriculars:
-
-
-

Employment:
-
-
-

Summarize any concerns you have

Reactions: 1 user

that redhead

10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2010
Hi guys, I am applying this year cycle, currently just graduated from my university. I have seen a lot of posts about the chances topics, either with good GPA or tons of hours. Unfortunately, I have neither of the above. My situation is simple and complicated. I just immigrate to the US since 2016, and decide to go to veterinary school in 2017. I believe everyone knows how hard to find someplace to gain veterinary experience by ourselves, and wit the language barrier and maybe I'm not smart enough, I end up got a 3.11 GPA, and around 300 hours animal experience, both with veterinarian and without. Except Equine experience I don't have any, I have mostly small animal experience and few large animals and exotics. I do have some research experience. During the following year I decide to go to graduate school in Colorado State Univ, (not vet school but the Master Degree program in their vet school). I hope that will give me a backup plan if I keep being rejected in the future. But I do want to have a try this year. My lowest grade is C- in biochem, therefore before I retake biochem in the future, all the schools i can apply are accepting C- as the lowest grade, not a lot, but some.
This is all what I have for now, I'm posting to ask do I still have chances? Or is there anything I can do before I submit my application?
Thank you very much!

It would be helpful to provide more details in the format listed above.

I applied with a GPA just a bit lower than yours. I was accepted to one school and rejected from many others. I'll be honest: it's going to be very difficult to have your application looked at with a low GPA. Please tell us more about your application so we can provide more detailed advice :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.