Activity worth mentioning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Okazaki Frag Grenade

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I looked for a similar thread for this but did not see one.

Is it poor form to mention a previously unlisted activity in a secondary essay? I used up my 15 AMCAS slots, but there was one experience I would like to discuss in secondaries. But I didn't know if this would look strange since I did not put it in AMCAS. Also, the experience in question is one year of playing a college sport. Does it look bad to mention this since I only did it for a year and then stopped? I don't want to look like a quitter, even though that's exactly what I did 🙂 (I stopped for academic reasons)

Thoughts?
 
1) Is it poor form to mention a previously unlisted activity in a secondary essay?

I used up my 15 AMCAS slots, but there was one experience I would like to discuss in secondaries. But I didn't know if this would look strange since I did not put it in AMCAS. Also, the experience in question is one year of playing a college sport.

2) Does it look bad to mention this since I only did it for a year and then stopped? I don't want to look like a quitter, even though that's exactly what I did 🙂 (I stopped for academic reasons)
1) No.
2) No. Don't say you stopped, just put the inclusive dates without explanation.