ADA 2009/2007 scores give me hope!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Winner32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I take my exam this Thursday, and below are my scores for the 2007 and 2009 ada exam.

2007: Bio - 19
GChem - 20
OChem - 20
PAT - 18
RC - 19 (but it was 1 passage so I'm not putting much emphasis on this)
QR - 17

2009: Bio - 19
GChem - 21
OChem - 18
PAT - 18
RC - 18
QR - 16

As you can tell, my scores have been consistent in the 18-19 range, but I honestly feel I can do better on the actual exam as most of the mistakes I made in the sciences were reading the question wrong, guessing due to lack of time, or just never seen the type before. And I seriously doubt the QR on the real exam will be like 2009, or even the RC for that matter. For bio I have a strong foundation of most concepts but if i get hit with some random ecology or plant question that i didn't focus much on, I tend to get those ones wrong but get most of the physiology and molecular questions correct.

And for PAT I feel i've reached my plateau in the 18-19 range because I nail the hole punching, cube counting, and angle ranking, but than spend a lot of time on TFE, pattern folding and key hole and just cant crack getting more than 10/15 right. My strategy is to skip fast on the real exam to angles and start from there since whenever i take the test from the beginning I end up having little time to finish the sections I'm better at.

Also I can't reschedule since I am near the end of my time period to write the DAT (registered months ago but only started studying seriously last 2 months)

Is an AA of 20 realistic for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The 2007 means you have a lot more to work on. The test is far easier than the real DAT and generally you want to be able to get 30/30 questions right in the science. The 2009 test would be the better gauge and even then your sciences are low for that too.

I wouldn't recommend just aiming for a 20, you want to aim for a 30 and get as high as possible.

The 2007 exam is A LOT easier than the actual DAT and the 2009, barring the overly difficult QR, is the closest thing to the real DAT. The 2009 exam is still easier.

I would suggest spending a little more time. Everyone else is pretty much on point. 2007 is pretty easy and 2009 is close to the actual.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so I take my exam this Thursday, and below are my scores for the 2007 and 2009 ada exam.

2007: Bio - 19
GChem - 20
OChem - 20
PAT - 18
RC - 19 (but it was 1 passage so I'm not putting much emphasis on this)
QR - 17

2009: Bio - 19
GChem - 21
OChem - 18
PAT - 18
RC - 18
QR - 16

As you can tell, my scores have been consistent in the 18-19 range, but I honestly feel I can do better on the actual exam as most of the mistakes I made in the sciences were reading the question wrong, guessing due to lack of time, or just never seen the type before. And I seriously doubt the QR on the real exam will be like 2009, or even the RC for that matter. For bio I have a strong foundation of most concepts but if i get hit with some random ecology or plant question that i didn't focus much on, I tend to get those ones wrong but get most of the physiology and molecular questions correct.

And for PAT I feel i've reached my plateau in the 18-19 range because I nail the hole punching, cube counting, and angle ranking, but than spend a lot of time on TFE, pattern folding and key hole and just cant crack getting more than 10/15 right. My strategy is to skip fast on the real exam to angles and start from there since whenever i take the test from the beginning I end up having little time to finish the sections I'm better at.

Also I can't reschedule since I am near the end of my time period to write the DAT (registered months ago but only started studying seriously last 2 months)

Is an AA of 20 realistic for me?
what did you end up getting on the real thing?

OP took the American DAT and got an 18 AA, retook the Canadian DAT and got a 19 AA.

Ya I got dummied by bio on my first take (got 16 lol). Retook and got 20 bio and 20TS. Is it true some schools do a super score if you took more than one DAT?

Ya I got dummied by bio on my first take (got 16 lol). Retook and got 20 bio and 20TS. Is it true some schools do a super score if you took more than one DAT?

doc toothache did a really good post on this, you may want to check out the attachment for more details:

Multiple DAT Scores- 4 schools consider all; 4 will average scores; 24 will take the highest and the majority (33) will take the most recent, making retaking the DAT a risky business.